Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic - Quick

Options
  • 16-04-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi. I think I remember seeing a thread about mechanics before but I can't find it. My car was broken into the other night and the ignition block was broken off. The ignition itself is fine, but the casing is broken. I now need a mechanic and I need one quick to fix it. The Guards said it's a very easy job. Even if it can be patched up temporarily so I can get the car home. I have to drive to Kilkenny on Friday. I could get the bus but I am understandably nervous about leaving my car here for the weekend.

Can anyone recommend someone or are there are chance any mechanics on here willing to help a damsel in distress? The Guards recommended a place in Garryowen but I can't find anything in Golden Pages. If you have a contact number it would also be helpful!

Two important things though: I'm a student so I don't want someone who will fleece me (who does want to be fleeced in fairness?) and the car isn't drivable so I need someone who can come and fix it here (Castletroy) or tow it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Dean Power is a highly recommended mechanic in Garryowen and the only one I can think of. Hope it helps.

Advertisement