Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cottage Cheese?

• 16-04-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen Irish made cottage cheese in the shops?

Comments

Am also interested to find an Irish cottage cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try Superquinn they always seem to have large ranges of cheese, well the one in Sundrive does anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Try Superquinn they always seem to have large ranges of cheese, well the one in Sundrive does anyway.

Thanks Gav, I'm not out that way very often but I did have a look in Superquinn Swords but they had nothing Irish.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Am also interested to find an Irish cottage cheese.

I'm glad I'm not alone. :) I bet Glenisk could do a great cottage cheese.

how strange in a country that loves dairy there are no Irish cottage cheese makers.

• Advertisement

I have a friend who studied Dairy Science I'm going to pick his brain on the matter.
    Of the cottage cheeses availabl which do you prefer Cozmilk.
    I have only tried Lidls Linessa.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I have only tried Lidls Linessa.

I eat the lidl stuff too, usually the full fat version. I don't like yoplaits or tescos.

If you already make homemade yoghurt, then you will find making homemade cottage cheese something similar.

Advertisement