Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Girugamesh at Wacken

• 16-04-2008 7:30pm

i'm very excited. one of my favourite bands, 'Girugamesh' have made it out of japan! they're playing at Wacken this year, which is very good.
    but i'm a bit worried. girugamesh aren't exactly as 'metal' as most bands that play wacken. they're a heavy visual kei band. they don't look as 'hardcore' as wacken veterans might be used to. they don't have mad guitar solos, but they have an amazing bassist, because japanese music is more bass-oriented
    how do you think people will react to them? are wacken-goers good with new things? will they get bottled?
    i know dir en grey got a good enough reception last year, but i still have my concerns...if someone who knows a bit more about wacken could enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not my cup of tea, but the Wacken crowd are a fairly open minded bunch usually, should get a crowd going if they get the main stage, have seen crowds for much less metal bands. If their in the tent or off to the side, crowd will be smaller, but still likely to get a fair few folk about.

do you think they'll get bottled? >.>"

do you think they'll get bottled? >.>"
    No I very very very much doubt it, not sure if theres ever been a bottling at Wacken, none to my knowledge anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I seriously doubt the Wacken crowd are that scumbaggish. Besides, I think the promotors are fairly savvy, and don't book bands that won't go down well. Didn't Dir En Grey play Wacken before?

Didn't Dir En Grey play Wacken before?
    Indeed they did, watched them from the beer garden and it looked like they got a good reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I dont think there's ever been a bottling at Wacken. If people dont want to watch a band, they wont.

Plus, the security are scary bastids!

Pugsley wrote: »
    Indeed they did, watched them from the beer garden and it looked like they got a good reaction.

hmm they did. i watched the livestream of it breifly. it was painful.
    they got a good reception but the lead singer was so out of it, it was embarassing ._.

hmm they did. i watched the livestream of it breifly. it was painful.
    they got a good reception but the lead singer was so out of it, it was embarassing ._.

Ah, the singer is rubbish, you can tell he's got absolutely no technique at all, and he's struggling to replicate the vocals on the album. Probably doing himself a lot of damage in the long run too.

he generally is a good frontman. as in, he preforms and puts on a good show. he does interesting things with his voice that i like. but he can't actually sing. i'm sick of all the diru-tards making him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. he doesn't get training, smokes like a chimney and then goes onstage absolutely hammered at a big festival that's an important point in their career, thinking that making a few scratches on his chest will put the new fans in the bag

....having said that i love him really. he's the nicest member of that band. which isn't saying much but oh well. he knows he can't sing and is very humble. he just needs to get his act together

It's not just a case of him not being able to sing, it's a case of him being almost completely unable to replicate the vocals he's done on record in a live environment. There are techniques for doing harsh sounding vocals without hurting yourself, but you can tell pauses ha makes that he's just tightening up his vocal chords and squeezing out the sounds, he's just doing damage to himself that way.

• Advertisement

mmm he really needs training but is too damn proud to get it, imo

Advertisement