Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when credit card expires?

Options
  • 16-04-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Is it replaced automatically by the bank or do I have to request one? Does the number change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You will get one before it expires automatically, not entirely sure if the number changes or not.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Number won't change. Your new card should be out to you roughly 30 days before your old one is due to expire. Pin will stay the same, though you may need to ring the number on the reverse of your credit card to activate it. Some banks have added that on as an extra security feature in case your post gets intercepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I was wondering because my card expires at the end of this month but I've had no word from the bank. I'll give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The only thing that changes is the 3 digit security number on the back. So if you have a DD setup on your card they would need to be notified of the new numbers.

Ie: Eazypass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for that info. Have one DD on the card. Would have missed it.

• Advertisement

No worries..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is kinda on the same line,, and lot of people might not know, i had my card refused online because it was due to expire. It was ages back but i think it was booking on ryanair, and it wouldn't accept it. rant CC company to see when the new one would be issued and the guy hadn't heard of it happening either!

Well that should not be. A card is valid until the last day of the month its meant to expire. It should not have been declined. Unless its Ryanairs policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well that should not be. A card is valid until the last day of the month its meant to expire. It should not have been declined. Unless its Ryanairs policy.

I think it was the traveling date was after the expiry date, sorry was a good while back cant remember the exact details, used another card so wasn't a problem, but it could easily catch people out

Advertisement