Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus should ban mobile phone use on their buses !

Options
  • 16-04-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Its a disgrace, bloody morons shouting garbage for 40 minutes on their phones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

From my personal expierience they can't stop people p!ssing , smoking , taking drugs and shagging. Or even get people to buy the correct ticket.

So i really doubt they could manage to ban phones to be honest !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Easy solution is get yourself an mp3 player and a decent set of noise cancelling earphones. Creative labs do a pair for €30.

I don't think they should ban 'em though. People are rowdy enough as it is, phones don't exactly add to it.

Anyway a GSM signal jammer would do the trick. Pity they're illegal in Ireland (and almost everywhere for that matter), but that doesn't stop the odd cinema and resturaunt from using them........

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

i have been pissed on and vomited on on dublin bus

and that's just by the drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If they are shouting down the fecking phone, just tell them to shut the f*ck up, as I seen happen on a 16/16a or 121 can't remember. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Stupid idea to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

impossible. what they should ban however is the skanger conversation: 'hillo..bus..bye'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Phones on the bus don't bother me very much. Smoking on the bus drives me nuts, especially since it's not usually ciggarettes. Somtimes its not even hash. I do hate the 27.
    Anyway I wish they'd just fit smoke alarms or something or else stop the pretence that smoking isn't allowed. Not that I'd try to confront junkies on the bus, but anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

I'd start with a ban on all skangers or maybe put an open trailer on the back of each bus for skangers to sit in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd start with a ban on all skangers or maybe put an open trailer on the back of each bus for skangers to sit in!

Great idea.:rolleyes:

Then sure they'd just rob cars to get from A to B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Damn Gave you hate those skangers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Anyway I wish they'd just fit smoke alarms or something or else stop the pretence that smoking isn't allowed.

Maybe a sprinkler system at the back of the bus? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Anyway I wish they'd just fit smoke alarms or something

They should just tell all the bus drivers to, if they have people smoking on the bus, to drive to the nearest garda station and get a garda to come up and fine them.

It would never work though, too straight forward and efficient, I know typical Irish moaner here :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

lucozader wrote: »
    Its a disgrace, bloody morons shouting garbage for 40 minutes on their phones

yeah post this to ten years ago when I gave a **** and didn't invest in some serious mp3'age to prevent mr fat **** sitting beside me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Zapho wrote: »
    Easy solution is get yourself an mp3 player and a decent set of noise cancelling earphones. Creative labs do a pair for €30.

I don't think they should ban 'em though. People are rowdy enough as it is, phones don't exactly add to it.

Anyway a GSM signal jammer would do the trick. Pity they're illegal in Ireland (and almost everywhere for that matter), but that doesn't stop the odd cinema and resturaunt from using them........

for the sake of self profit i HAVE A FEW CX300 SENNHEISSER'S FOR SALE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

Fit every bus with a smoke, or even better, a skanger activated engine immobiliser. This would get those skangers ejected with force from buses when normal decent passengers find themselves stuck on a bus going nowhere.

Advertisement