Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lowering 106

Options
  • 16-04-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

guy got a 00 106 of my brother (for free :p) just wondering how much it would cost to get a car like this lowerd ?

thanks hope you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Still question , but why in the name of god would you do such a thing ?

(you may also get more help here : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=603)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

The 106 only has coil springs up front, so you will need a set of lowering front springs.
    The rear of a 106 is a trailing arm with torsion bars, to lower the rear no parts are required only labour, it's not an easy job to do, the torsion bars have to be pulled out each side the trailing arm lifted and bars put back...it's trial and error to get each side matched up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i own a 106 and i can tell you now , itsn ot worth it.

front can be lowwered about 10-15 mm on cut springs

rear end often gets mucked up by people who dont know what there doing.

best bet is to get a guy with Years of frechie tuning exp to do it for you... not a cheap job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

S.I.R wrote: »

front can be lowwered about 10-15 mm on cut springs

Are you on a death wish? Cut springs, hope I never meet you on the road:eek:

Advertisement