Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 8mbit connection issues

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FiachraYeah

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hi, first what you are experience is a completely different issue I know you think this is all related but this threat is for people having problem authenticating either on the Swords exchange or Blandcharstown and only on their ADSL2+ service.

If you are not on either exchanges your problem is to do with your router configuration. P623 are NOT adsl2+ compatible, you are connecting fine because your modem is negotiating using ADSL(1) mode instead of ADSL2+. If you want to check this find your attainable rates and you will see that the router wont give you more than 8mb (or 12mb)

Well, I do have this authentication problem -- if I use my use my Netopia 3347NWG. It can take me 30 minutes (or longer) to get an IP address. Can you tell me if Dun Laoghaire has an ADSL2+ service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yes Dun Laoghaire is an ADSL2+ Exchange. You said you had a P623 with you? Then you can do 2 things, If this P623 was supplied by BT then ring them and ask them to replace it.

As far as I know there is no solution for those 3347, if you ring them and explain the situation they will send you a test Voyager 2110 (Wireless) (that will be your second option). They only thing they might ask in return is for your old 3347 back so they can test it and avoid this kind of situation. But this is up to them.

Dont call them just now as apparently there seems to be an issue at the moment, no webpages. I have been told that although the service has been restore and all should be back to normal people are still calling as they are unaware that they need to reboot their routers and get a new IP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bohrio wrote: »

I have been told that although the service has been restore and all should be back to normal people are still calling as they are unaware that they need to reboot their routers and get a new IP again.

Wouldn't it help to have a recorded message on first contact telling people experiencing problems to reboot their router as an initial step?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Dont even mention it.... I think they have now.. 1 hour later.

Advertisement