Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs (possibly.. maybe.. rumoured to be) FINALLY arrive in Sligo.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MikeySligo wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    Sooooooo.......anyyyyyyywaaayyyyyyy.....my Marie Rose is a bit of ketchup a bit of mayo and a bit of soya. It aint callled Marie Rose, or Culchie or Burger or Big 4 sauce. Its called pink sauce.
    Thank you Jamie Oliver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

basquille wrote: »
    Thank you Jamie Oliver!

Can I mention pink sauce, Jamie Oliver and "sooo gay" in the same sentence without offending anyone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

^^^^^
    Sooooooo.......anyyyyyyywaaayyyyyyy

Did you spill some pink sauce on your keyyyyyyyboard or is that intentional?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Can I mention pink sauce, Jamie Oliver and "sooo gay" in the same sentence without offending anyone? ;)

Probably, just not Jamie Oliver.
    Gillie wrote: »
    Did you spill some pink sauce on your keyyyyyyyboard or is that intentional?

Sorryyyyyyy dropped by Big4 on myyyyyy yyyyyyyy keyyyyyy.
    Of course, it was intentional. I was going for the USA style ignore, but failed, miserablyyyyy.

Sorryyyyyyy dropped by Big4 on myyyyyy yyyyyyyy keyyyyyy.
    Of course, it was intentional. I was going for the USA style ignore, but failed, miserablyyyyy.

1199659277_d767ffa987.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

*Performs Hollywood-style, slow-motion, "Noooooooooooooo!"*

Jesus! Supermacs?! I suppose it makes sense... All the GAA heads can stop off on their way out of town after the annual big match at Markievicz Park... Feckin hate Supermacs. Rankness of the highest order. Smacks of Ballina and, indeed, all-round general Mayo-ness to me. Have to laugh when I'm in Dublin and walk past the one on O'Connell St. with all the buffs inside getting their curry chips and shnack boxes... and Club ordenge to wash it down with...

If I may paraphrase an earlier poster; Piss off back to Galway and Mayo McDonagh!! We've already got the 4 Lights!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I used to love Supermacs, but there is one beside me and every time I've eaten there I've been disappointed!
    el_weirdo wrote: »
    *Performs Hollywood-style, slow-motion, "Noooooooooooooo!"*

Jesus! Supermacs?! I suppose it makes sense... All the GAA heads can stop off on their way out of town after the annual big match at Markievicz Park... Feckin hate Supermacs. Rankness of the highest order. Smacks of Ballina and, indeed, all-round general Mayo-ness to me. Have to laugh when I'm in Dublin and walk past the one on O'Connell St. with all the buffs inside getting their curry chips and shnack boxes... and Club ordenge to wash it down with...

If I may paraphrase an earlier poster; Piss off back to Galway and Mayo McDonagh!! We've already got the 4 Lights!!:p

Supermacs aint that bad , I'm sure it will take a lot of getting used to the urbane sophistication of Sligo but it'll get there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

A drive-thru 4 Lanterns. Now that would be perfect. That's the biggest problem with the 4 Lanterns. Can't park near it during the day and the crowd of delightful young people who congregate there at night.There's a window between 8-11ish that it's dead and there's parking. Perfect.
    Don't like the Supermacs chips too much, but the rest of the food is o.k. The wraps are supposed to be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

il gatto wrote: »
    A drive-thru 4 Lanterns. Now that would be perfect. That's the biggest problem with the 4 Lanterns. Can't park near it during the day and the crowd of delightful young people who congregate there at night.There's a window between 8-11ish that it's dead and there's parking. Perfect.
    Don't like the Supermacs chips too much, but the rest of the food is o.k. The wraps are supposed to be lovely.

Drive-thru 4 Lights FTW. Mind you, getting the Big 4 smell off your hands is bad enough... What'll it be like trying to get the smell out of yer motor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

el_weirdo wrote: »
    Drive-thru 4 Lights FTW. Mind you, getting the Big 4 smell off your hands is bad enough... What'll it be like trying to get the smell out of yer motor?

It fades after a while. Magic tree never lets me down........ At least the service is usually good in there, by comparison to some other establishments in the town.

Happy Eater? I think faces would crack if a smile was attempted. They can always remember your order though.

Mollys? world class goal keepers would be at an advantage. they might be able to catch their change when its launched at them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

basquille wrote: »
    They use capers as well.

What are "capers"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

takola wrote: »
    What are "capers"?

A caper is a shrub. What he's referring to is the caper berry which grows on the shrub & is edible.

Unless he's referring to the Laterns staff adding stuff in (like a bit of gob) as a frivolous prank (the other meaning of caper).

A caper is a shrub. What he's referring to is the caper berry which grows on the shrub & is edible.

Unless he's referring to the Laterns staff adding stuff in (like a bit of gob) as a frivolous prank (the other meaning of caper).

Now I'm even more confused! :D

We need to get our own Lanterns staff member on here to tell us how they make Big 4 sauce! I wonder if they're paid enough to have a pooter and the internet? :D

I've never had supermacs btw, Hence my not commenting on the OT.

Big 4 sauce is Tomato Ketchup and mayonnaise.

mcgowan.b wrote: »
    Big 4 sauce is Tomato Ketchup and mayonnaise.

Have you ever tried it? :confused: I'm not sure how you could think it's just tomato ketchup and mayonaise if you've eaten the real thing. They're something else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Whats mollys diner like these times? Man those chips used to be illegalicious....you just knew they were bad for ya but they tasted so good :p:p

On topic....Supermacs is nothing worth getting excited about.......

Have you ever tried it? :confused: I'm not sure how you could think it's just tomato ketchup and mayonaise if you've eaten the real thing. They're something else too.

I've boshed up some of it, and tried the real deal. Couldn't find much difference; there might be some vinegar in there somewhere. Having said that, I didn't try them side by side

gucci wrote: »
    Whats mollys diner like these times? Man those chips used to be illegalicious....you just knew they were bad for ya but they tasted so good :p:p

On topic....Supermacs is nothing worth getting excited about.......

Chips are still top! If you like those chips, I can suggest Borza. The aren't quire the same but they are really nice and don't repeat on me half as much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

really cant complain about supermacs to much, have eaten in it the odd time in dublin, or a 3 in the morning in galway, but have had a hell of alot better

wont be rushing to it, will be the odd novolity for me, will stick with 4 lights or happy eater

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Think it might be going out in Collooney in one of the new parks :)

Can't wait.

I think McD's is going beside pizza hut in the retail park.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

dingding wrote: »
    Think it might be going out in Collooney in one of the new parks :)
    Collooney the centre of the universe! First its Supermacs next it'll be Argos. :p
    But will Supermacs not put The four Lavins (Collooneys answer to the Four lanterns) out of business? Maybe they're gone already are they? Bless them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh God.

There goes all my progress with diet and exercise, right there.

I LOVE Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've mentioned it already.. it's capers. You see little bits of them in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

*drool*

Ok I love 4 Lights too. Maybe I can manage to continue to walk through doors frontways (instead of sideways) if Supermacs moves in and I treat it like 4 Lights. omnomnomnomnom :D

Seriously that's all. And per happens Tobasco!
    I wasn't takin the piss earlier. Its called Mary Rose sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Anyone got any further info and what the new building will house?

Any big "M" yet?

Advertisement