Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a Dance rehearsal space

Options
  • 16-04-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi, I'm urgently looking for a dance rehearsal space for myself and one other dancer. We need somewhere with full-length mirrors and decent floors. Preferably city centre. I already know about Dance Ireland near Foley/Talbot st and the studio near temple bar music centre, but are there any others around the city centre? We have to choreograph a song for an up and coming hip hop/r'n'b act and they'll have a limited budget. Myself and the other dancer have put in many hours of work for them already for free (we opened for Rihanna i the RDS!!) and we're willing to do more on faith alone but the least we need is a decent rehearsal space Any suggestions would be really really welcome and appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

The Lab in Foley Street is great, although I'm sure you already know about it. They've good floors, but no mirrors, just nice blank, bare rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

I know you already mentioned the Dance House but they have a programme called "winging it" which might interest you. On any given day you can call into the studios and if they have any studio free you can rent it for as long as its available or for as long as you need it for only €25. You can't phone in to book though, you just have to call in the morning you need it and see what happens. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

thanks a -aboutagirl-. Yeah we've already been using the "winging it" programme. thing is i think it'll be hard for us to convince the people we're dancing for to shell out the cash for a few rehearsals at 25 euro each. Looking for something even cheaper and also, ideally, one that we can book ahead. thanks mark, but we really need mirrors more than anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

What about the professional dance schools - Cois Ceim at the back of Cleary's, Dance Academy on Ormond Quay, YMCA on Aungier Street perhaps? There is also the Factory on Barrow Street. What about any of the gyms perhaps?

Advertisement