Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Advice Please

Options
  • 16-04-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up a really simple website for my wedding later this year. Just something to provide a bit of extra info to all our guests etc, nothing too fancy.

I've registered the domain, and signed up for the home starter hosting package with our Digiweb friends. They provide the myweb design package thingy with that, and I thought that that would be enough, but have been having a few issues with it, and tbh its not that great.

I've used joomla and drupal before as CMS's for more complicated websites and am beginning to think that maybe this is the way to be going?

I've also used frontpage and dreamweaver back in the day also, so not a total newbie to them either.

What do the pro's think though? Really am looking for a simple solution on this, nothing too complicated that even the missus can be taught to use to an extent.

I don't mind maybe having to pay Digiweb a bit more to get database access/support if needed.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Id say have a look at wordpress, it has lots of little add-ons that you can integrate and it should be more than fine for what you want and easy to update as you go along.

Advertisement