Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Marmotte

Options
  • 16-04-2008 10:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭

La Marmotte is one of the toughest and most spectacular one-day events in Europe, only 175km but with well over 5000m of climbing, finishing on that most famous of Tour de France battling grounds, the Alpe d'Huez.

I'm taking part this year on July 5th. Anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Is this part of an organized sportive?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm doing it with a team of 10 or so, but I'm presuming it is open to the general public.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Best of luck, seriously, alot of bolllocks needed to take it on!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Thanks. Was just wondering if anyone else was participating. Always wanted to cycle a stage of the tour so looking forward to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Any details of the route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I might do it. Do you have a link to the organisers website? Very motivated today as I discovered that my application for the Etape was successful last night.
    Edit: It's on the day before l'Etape. Don't think I will be doing it Doh! ;) And this is the organisers website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Cheers Diarmuid. Let us know how you get on at the Etape. Hope to do it next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hey Diarmuid,im doing the Etape again this year,good luck with it,its going to be tough but have to say last years was a killer,i needed bed for a week afterwards,just a note as well if you hav'nt already read Quigs Snr account of his Etape in 2006 i think, then read it, its fantastic and will really give you a great insight into the day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

bunnygreen wrote: »
    if you hav'nt already read Quigs Snr account of his Etape in 2006 i think, then read it, its fantastic and will really give you a great insight into the day itself.
    Just read it... Looking forward to it even more now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Hi
    My mate and I have entered for the marmotte since Jan.I wanted a challange for my 40th so I decided this was it.Great to hear there are some others heading over.Alittle nervous about the big day as I have done the climbs before but not all on the same day.Training is going ok and hoping TOI will put legs on me!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement