Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

H-O-N-D-A INTEGRA r insurance

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello Dubliners :cool:

Just wonderin if i can get opinions/advice on getting insurance for honda integra type r, im 20, driving one year and have full licence, or even integra 1.6 NON type r................feedback greatly appreciated........CHEERS :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

rrrkelly wrote: »
    Just wonderin if i can get opinions/advice on getting insurance for honda integra type r, im 20, driving one year and have full licence

Unless your rich forget about it, I'm 24, full licence 4 years, 3 years ncb and all insurance companies were quoting me €4k-€5k, my current insurer wouldn't quote me, so had to go to the IFF for advice and my insurer then quoted me as I was a current customer

or even integra 1.6 NON type r................feedback greatly appreciated........CHEERS :)

alot more likely but they are still black marked so insurance will be high enough on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

are you Irish? If not foreign insurance is the way to go. They offer it to most foreigner living in foregin countries. They also do not care what engine size you have. eg. 3.0l vs 1.6l if the cars cost 10K each the insuarnce would be the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I reckon going as a named driver with qunn might be your best bet. Forget the Type R...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Unless you want to go with one of the high excess companies like 123.com where they wont cover the first €4000 of any claim, then you can forget the Type R. Im 25, full license for 7 years, 2 years no claims, and no company would touch me on any car of that class; Ive tried now on a Type R Integra, any Impreza, 1.8 GLX Lancer, I cant insure any of them.

I did get quoted on a 1.6 Integra last year but decided not to go with it in the end. At the time I was 24 driving a 1.4i Civic and paying €1500, and my premium on the 1.6 Integra would have gone up to €1800.

Youre best bet is to get something like the 1.6 Integra, or even something a 1.4 or 1.5 Civic, drive it for a couple of years, keep your nose clean and then go back to them when you are 23 or 24 with 4 years no claims and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

same as the lads were saying. the only 2 cars they wont quote me on is a teg type r and an evo 4 or evo 5.

seems the cars are totally blacklisted insurance wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hello Dubliners :cool:

Just wonderin if i can get opinions/advice on getting insurance for honda integra type r, im 20, driving one year and have full licence, or even integra 1.6 NON type r................feedback greatly appreciated........CHEERS :)

Would you not go for a 1.6 Civic Type-R?

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Would you not go for a 1.6 Civic Type-R?

just as hard to get insured on as a 1.8 Integra Type R

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yeah they have certain cars that they dont like. They hear the words "25 years of age" and Type R, Subaru, Evo, GTI, Skyline etc, alarm bells start to ring. One insurance company told me that they dont insure anyone under the age of 35 on any type of Subaru, regardless of model or engine size. When I asked another company about insuring a 1.8 Integra (which isnt a Type R by the way, its a DOHC vtec SiR) they told me to come back to them when I was 40 and they would consider it. Pathetic really.

its an attempt by the insurance companies to keep people driving less risky cars, there are ways around it but getting insurance on anything other than a 1.4 petrol or a diesel in Ireland is getting ridicously hard

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I got an online quote for the SiR integra (1.8 vtec) off quinn for a reasonable price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

The only way to do it is to have an existing policy and transfer your insurance over to the car. This i assume will only work with a handful of insurers if even that.

to be honest you'd be better off getting something that isnt black listed.
    Note: one insurance company blacklists anything japanese imported and sporty

Worked for me but im 25 with 4 years no claims and 0 points and also im not driving a type r as i wanted more power and something that would be rare.

thats what i done, shifted my policy from a 1.6 lsi civic coupe to the legacy b4 at a cost of 80 for 2 months(till my policy is up), then i switched to the 2.2 euro r last week at another cost of 80 till the end of may.

this is basically the way the conversation went, gave them my details, 25 prov licence, 2 years ncb on my own policy

insurance comp: yeh we cant insure you on that sorry..."
    me: "yeh well you said the exact same thing about my legacy and u insured me about 5 mins later so sort it out..."
    insurance:(angry voice)"HOLD ON THEN"...PUT ME ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 8 MINS
    "yeh i can actually insure you, its gonna cost you 80€"
    me: "happy days, thanks for your help!!!"

they will insure you theyre just cnunts sometimes.

but even i got laughed at with the evo. said the same thing to me, come back to me when ur 35 and we can do it.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    but even i got laughed at with the evo. said the same thing to me, come back to me when ur 35 and we can do it.

so did you get the evo ?

no no evo. thinkin of sellin the euro r and buyin a gsr..the baby evo!!! haha

Worked for me but im 25 with 4 years no claims and 0 points and also im not driving a type r as i wanted more power and something that would be rare.

what ya got?? :)

Up until Sunday i had a Silvia S14(Turbo) not an S14a with some minor modifications.

Due to lending it to someone who wasnt able for it well lets just say i no longer have one and id really prefer not to talk about it.:(

it may not have been too rare but its rarer now :(

Sweet an S14a is my next car after the Integra, sweet cars but as you have proven, you need to be capable for them

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

My mate got an Impreza sti type ra there the other day absaloute monster of a car i think it has around 300-330bhp he's only 20 full license two years and i think he's paying around €4k a year insurance.

yeh theyre a nice car alright, think the ra is the racing spec..hence the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

djimi wrote: »
    Unless you want to go with one of the high excess companies like 123.com where they wont cover the first €4000 of any claim, then you can forget the Type R. Im 25, full license for 7 years, 2 years no claims, and no company would touch me on any car of that class; Ive tried now on a Type R Integra, any Impreza, 1.8 GLX Lancer, I cant insure any of them.

I did get quoted on a 1.6 Integra last year but decided not to go with it in the end. At the time I was 24 driving a 1.4i Civic and paying €1500, and my premium on the 1.6 Integra would have gone up to €1800.

Youre best bet is to get something like the 1.6 Integra, or even something a 1.4 or 1.5 Civic, drive it for a couple of years, keep your nose clean and then go back to them when you are 23 or 24 with 4 years no claims and see how you get on.

i dont know what you people are on but i got insured on a 1.6 integra with quinn for 1000euro, and then moved onto a type r integra for 1100 both jap imports, i have a full licence 3 years and 4 years no claims. dont know where your coming up with this 4k-5k.

just got a quote from bestquote.ie for a 1998 1.6 integra is 729euro.

• Advertisement

what age are you roakey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

26 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

bungholio wrote: »
    are you Irish? If not foreign insurance is the way to go. They offer it to most foreigner living in foregin countries. They also do not care what engine size you have. eg. 3.0l vs 1.6l if the cars cost 10K each the insuarnce would be the same price.

what? wait if i have a house in france can i claim that i live there for part of time and use the car there so i can get insure there and use my car in ireland?:confused:

Advertisement