Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Irish Facts....

Options
  • 17-04-2008 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Some Irish facts....
    1. Only in Ireland can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in Ireland do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

3. Only in Ireland do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

4. Only in Ireland do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

5. Only in Ireland do we leave cars worth thousands of €’s on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

6. Only in Ireland do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

7. Only in Ireland would there be disabled parking places in front of the ice-skating rink in Smithfield, Dublin.

NOT TO MENTION….

8. 3 Irish die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

9. 142 Irish were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

10. 58 Irish are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

11. 31 Irish have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

12. 19 Irish have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

13. Irish Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents.

14. 18 Irish had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

15. A massive 543 Irish were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth.

16. 5 Irish were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.

and finally...

17. In 2000, eight Irish were admitted to hospital with ‘fractured skulls’ incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet bowl!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Three posts deleted.

Would the posters concerned read the Charter please? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dvega wrote: »
    8. 3 Irish die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

i know that one's not true because i've done it a few times and it just tingles a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

I've seen it before, only with Ireland/Irish replaced by America/Americans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i know that one's not true because i've done it a few times and it just tingles a bit :)

Always wondered about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I saw that list before the true heading is only in America.

• Advertisement

Read the bleeeeeeeeeeeeeding charter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't do infractions, just bans, long ones. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Hagar wrote: »
    Read the bleeeeeeeeeeeeeding charter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't do infractions, just bans, long ones. :mad:

But if you did, they'd probably be the best infractions in the world? :p

But of course. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

* I seen it on the internet , it must be true

A 9 volt battery could kill you.
    either directly connected to your heard where it cause fibrilitaion
    or if a box of then dropped on your head out of a aeroplane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I think we need a 'No Thanks' option to counter the 'Thanks' one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

dvega wrote: »
    5. Only in Ireland do we leave cars worth thousands of €’s on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.
    This one made me laugh as it's so true!

Advertisement