Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Hire me as your apprentice!!'tactics??

Options
  • 17-04-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

heeey!im trying to get a piercing apprenticeship over the summer.i wanna get into destiny in limerick as its the most conveniant for my location!how should i approach asking them?some people are saying should be agressive and others tell me to be like 'ill be your doormat,just hire me!'.
    does neone have ne experiance with this type of stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well for starters, I can't think of any place that would hire someone for a single summer... an apprenticeship takes much longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

as with any career development you need to look further afield. set you net wider and if your serious about this you'd be willing to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah ive recently sent my CV to england and considering moving to canada or further afield to try get one.
    to be honest at this stage im getting tired of it all, considering giving up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

don't give up! try harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wilburt wrote: »
    yeah ive recently sent my CV to england and considering moving to canada or further afield to try get one.
    to be honest at this stage im getting tired of it all, considering giving up
    You were born to cause pain Will! ;)

Seriously, you can do it, just keep trying :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sticky-hair

thamks!well i could go to dublin as well!its my lack of avaliable accommodation that means limerick would keep things easier!

Advertisement