Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rare fine day.

• 17-04-2008 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Got to take a few snaps with my new toy as I went for a walk in what was for me the nicest day of the year so far. Most of them came out crap when I put them on the computer. I must take a course!

Anyway, a couple of one's that came out ok-ish.:)

This one is of Dumore Castle just down the road. It's benign settings belie it's violent history. There is a legend that a creature with horns can be seen crouching down on the top of it on a moonlit night, but I wouldn't believe such nonsense. It is only mere coincidence that this was taken during daylight.:p

DSC00065.jpg

From a diffenent angle, it was taken quickly, as it was getting dark very quick!!

DSC00067.jpg

It is rare that I get a view of the mountians along the coast being so far inland, but every so often, like this evening, the air will dry out enough to allow a rare glance. This one you can (i hope) clearly see Cough Patrick in Mayo in the distance, which is around 45 miles from here, (taken about 50 meters above sea level on a local low ascent: (The sky and atmosphere is my reason I love an easterly:))

DSC00077.jpg

Walking back home, sunset in full swing, so out comes my new toy. A bit blurred, but the best I could do with sun directly in the shot. A beautiful evening.

DSC00082.jpg

Sorry if the pictures a crap, I am new to this, indeed I had to discard most of the shots I took. These I scraped from the pile. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Like the first one Paddy.1 ,also noticeable that the tree in foreground is as bare as a bears behind , growth very slow this year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I really like the third photo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thats a good shot of Craogh Patrick from that distance Paddy, i still have the blisters on the feet from that hike.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely shots Paddy1. Like the way you caught the bird in the sunset! Surreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Snowbie wrote: »
    Thats a good shot of Craogh Patrick from that distance Paddy, i still have the blisters on the feet from that hike.:o

I know what you mean, I have climbed it twice and I swore never again the last time. It was torture going up, but a nightmare coming down. I know it was penence, but I was walking like John Wayne for about a week afterwards!!

Didn't notice that bird in the pic Danno until I uploaded it. Pure fluke!!

Thanks for all the comments folks. :) I will try to have better quality the next time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I have climbed it twice and I swore never again the last time. It was torture going up, but a nightmare coming down. I know it was penence, but I was walking like John Wayne for about a week afterwards!!

!!

I heard about a man who climbed it nine times in one day for charity. I've climbed it twice and was completely wrecked afterwards:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Where are the photos? I wanted to see! :(

Advertisement