Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverfest??

Options
  • 17-04-2008 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Is it on this year?? havent seen anything about it and the website no longer works.
    it would be a shame to see it go down the swanny!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Don't get me ****ing started on riverfest.

All I will say is this

here is the website

http://festivalslimerick.com

it is self explanitary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

My daughter could design a better Web site than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

and probably a better line up aswell!!

Worst Riverfest ever (and that includes the original 2004 concept which we have built on)! Last year it was a shame to see it be stagnant, but this year has lost all of its attractions, its now on par with any small town's local festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I dont even think there's fireworks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Site was obviously done by a pro.

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

F**king shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What dont they have this year that they had last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

Its lookin bad, I like Fireworks!...no fireworks make NewsWire sad.

Fireworks
    River Shannigans
    Street theatre
    Festival of Urban Sports
    Boats at the Dock
    Jim Kemmy Fashion Week
    Riverfest Fringe festival

. . . . thats all off the top of my head, they also had a good few free gigs on. Although even that was a little scale down from the year before with 40 free gigs on across the city!!!

Fireworks
    River Shannigans
    Street theatre
    Festival of Urban Sports
    Boats at the Dock
    Jim Kemmy Fashion Week
    Riverfest Fringe festival

. . . . thats all off the top of my head, they also had a good few free gigs on. Although even that was a little scale down from the year before with 40 free gigs on across the city!!!

The main event, as I see it, will be Dolan's 10yr. anniversary concert in a Marquee on the Dock rd.

But thats nothing to do with Riverfest, its not open to the public, thats dolans celebrating their business with their clients! Not a riverfest event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

not looking great at all.

still its better than nothing. heres hoping it goes off ok

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

The Dolans event will be excellent, Riverfest looks really really ****.

Ya, the BBQ is good enough, might head in for that, they have themselves prepared, flyers in the papers 2 weeks before event and banners up over a month ago with a fully working website a few months before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

But thats nothing to do with Riverfest, its not open to the public, thats dolans celebrating their business with their clients! Not a riverfest event!

It is actually....or at least that's what it says on my tickets:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

RiverFarce more like it.. its just another excuse for rugby jock wanna be's, out and about socialites and mediocre local buisness people to get their names and photo's in the out and about section of those dreadful papers we get shoved in our letterboxes!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Stab*City wrote: »
    RiverFarce more like it.. its just another excuse for rugby jock wanna be's, out and about socialites and mediocre local buisness people to get their names and photo's in the out and about section of those dreadful papers we get shoved in our letterboxes!

I actually really enjoyed Riverfest last year, even with the impending terror of the Leaving Cert looming over me at the time. I don't play rugby, run a business or pose as a socialite though...

2 words "free+student"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2 words "free+student"

I don't get it. Elaborate?

and u said u did your leaving cert!!

ok let me break it down..

RiverFarce 2007 = free event
    you 2007 = leaving cert student

therefore

free event + leaving cert student = good time - leaving cert = crap event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

+1 lol

Same people who would LOVE to get into Hello magazine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

They really missed a big opportunity to turn this weekend into a big event, that would bring people from other counties into Limerick for the weekend (similar to the Cork Jazz etc).

With the Dolans event on, they should have pushed to have some more top class entertainment during the day time and all rounded off with a big fireworks display to conincide with the end of Sunday nights concert.

A local parish "commmittteeeeeeeee" would put together a better line-up than whats there this year. Tug-o-war FFS.

Just looked at Riverfest web site to find out what time todays Kids karting event starts. No time given or phone number to ring. Any one of you know?

Popped down to Arthurs Quay after 2pm today to find out if Kids Go-Karting was on before bringing kids. No info. on web site or contact no. to get times.
    No sign of any activity so I dropped into Tourist info. to ask when it starts.
    They had no idea so they tried ringing Limerick Co-Ordination office. They (Tourist info.) also, did not have contact no. for Riverfest. Limerick Co-ordination office didn't answer phone. So, I left.
    Called back with kids at 3.30pm and 6.00pm and no sign of Go-karting.

Seems amazing to me that someone did not meet with Tourist info. office to give them detailed info. on events. If people are interested and come to Limerick for the Festival surely they will need info.

The cynic in me expects that the Tourist office and Limerick Co-ordination office will close for weekend anyway. :cool:

Worst Riverfest the cities ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

which cities?? I was only aware of Limerick having one:pac::pac:

I enjoyed the Warehouse on Saturday anyway...and the queue in Abra wasn't all that bad either, nor the taxi queue:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

stuff down by the locke was nice. suppose the weather had alot to do with that

Advertisement