Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're Welcome?

Options
  • 17-04-2008 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

How do I use the 'you're welcome' function? I wish to welcome someone who has thanksed me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pm them naked pics of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Tried that, but I see they have now removed their 'Thanks'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

That's odd, try it again with me and we will see of the same thing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Find a post of theres and thank them back? It's receprical - we help each other and we both feel good! Like sex, but cleaner.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

WindSock wrote: »
    PM,
    k thx bye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sherifu wrote: »
    PM,
    k thx bye.
    Preferably accompanied by a picture of a seagull stealing someone's ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

WindSock wrote: »

How do you know that they were thanking you?
    Maybe they were just agreeing with the point you expressed in your post and have since changed their mind and no longer agree with you.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Find a post of theres and thank them back? It's receprical - we help each other and we both feel good! Like sex, but cleaner.

Given the thanks occur at a different time & place, its more like masturbating at or on the other person. Multiple instances could constitute Bukake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You need to use [nofilter] You're welcome! [/nofilter]

and just type welcum between the nofilter tags

Maximilian wrote: »
    Given the thanks occur at a different time & place, its more like masturbating at or on the other person. Multiple instances could constitute Bukake.

I just w... sorry, thanked you.... ewww.w.....

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

anyone have a tissue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

_39304675_gulls_300.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can the "thank you" function be scrapped? It's useful in Personal Issues or in Music when someone tells you what that damn song you can't get out of your head is, but in discussions, it's often simply used to gloat. I can't stand it frankly.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Dudess wrote: »
    Can the "thank you" function be scrapped? It's useful in Personal Issues or in Music when someone tells you what that damn song you can't get out of your head is, but in discussions, it's often simply used to gloat. I can't stand it frankly.
    It's not going to be scrapped. If you have a suggestion on a forum that it causes more trouble than it's worth, maybe discuss it with the moderator of said forum and see what they think.

If they agree there's a good reason to disable it, they can message me (or use the discussion thread about the feature in the mod forum).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ok, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

I really like the function. Especially when someone goes to the trouble of writing a long helpful reply to something you've posted.

btw - many many "Thanks" on offer for anyone who can help sort out this problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What about a karma system? So you can promote good posts and demote bad ones?

For instance; those threads that get started in AH were everyone makes really lame puns. Or generally any time Snyper posts :D

Sort of like 'Anti-thanks' :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »

For instance; those threads that get started in AH were everyone makes really lame puns. Or generally any time Snyper posts :D

There isn't a hope in hell of karma/rep system coming back. They were abused so the admins got rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh so they used to be here.... I'll stop showing my n00bery now.

I suggested a muppet-button to balance things, but the idea went down quiker than the Titanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Oh so they used to be here.... I'll stop showing my n00bery now.
    The rep thread was easily getting over 50 posts a day. Abused isn't the word. Raped. Then there were all the threads discussing rep...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Overheal/
    *removed from ppl i thought i liked*

;)

Advertisement