Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing stain off wooden decking

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a product to remove coloured stain off wooden decking ? It's about time it was done again, but the stuff that's on it is somewhat worn at this point & I'm concerned if I was to just re-do it it would look uneven & patchy.

Is there some liquid that will take it off or would I be able to do it with a powerhose etc (concerned I'll remove a layer of wood with the powerhose)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Deckscrub, some sugar soap and hot water...this will remove any loose dirt and stain from the treads. Then take the power washer to it. It won't strip wood (unless it's rotten through) don't worry. A sander may help too.
    Allow to dry. See what it looks like.
    Patchiness, where some stain has remained stuck and other has gone back to bare timber, can be solved by applying a similar stain to those bare patches and then staining the whole thing when it's dry.

Advertisement