Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company debits my Credit Card without my permission

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello,

Last January I purchased tickets for next month's Heineken cup final. I dont know if I can name the company although it must be obvious who they are but I'll call them anonymoustickets.co.uk.

I bought 2 batches of tickets on different occasions in January so I have 2 different reference numbers and paid for express delivery for both also. In Jan my credit card was charged the full amount for both these transactions. My web printout of these transactions states what the "Total Price" is and the it "includes order processing fee".

Last week I noticed an additional charge from the same company for 3.88eur. This was charged without my permission. I rang anonymoustickets.co.uk to find out the reason for the charge and was told it was an additional charge for express delivery to Ireland. At the time of purchasing the tickets nowhere did it inform me that the express delivery did not inlude Ireland. The customer service rep agreed with me that this was the case hence this additonal charge over 3 months later.

The customer service rep apologized and said the same charge would need to be applied to my other transaction or I would not receive my other batch of tickets.

I am not arguing over 3.88eur but concerned as to how a company can charge my credit card without my permission.

Can anyone advise me as to my rights in this situation? Who am I able to contact in order to make a complaint?

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

This was charged without my permission.
    Have you re-read the T&Cs on the site to verify that this is in fact the case.

Who am I able to contact in order to make a complaint?
    Talk to your CC provider.

Advertisement