Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment valuation

Options
  • 17-04-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Lads my girlfriend is switching to an LTV mortgage, her LTV is less than 50% (due to a generous dad :o )

anyway she needs to have a valuation done to go with her application and we'd rather not pay a fortune as its pretty straightforward

Can anyone suggest anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most estate agents should be able to do one for €100-200. Phone the local ones.

Your bank may have a list of approved people or a set of requirements. You can't ask the budgie to do the valuation.

If she gets to save .5% that money pays for itself very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cheers

got someone from the bmw site who is a valuer with a co that is on the banks approved list so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Actually, you can ask the budgie to do the valuation. I did just this a month or so ago. Some estate agents have agreements with the bank for mortgages, so if the valuer you go to has an agreement with the bank you want to switch to, your valuation fee will be waived. At least thats what the guy I went to offered. I didn't bother in the end because it would have meant extra paper work to go through him, and I was 'switching' to the bank I was already with!, so I just paid him 100 euro.

Now is the time to switch and lock in a fixed percentage above ECB, +0.75 tracker. ECB rates are set to fall over the next couple of years, but this may not be passed onto variable rates. It will have to be passed on to trackers.

Advertisement