Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Dart Station

Options
  • 17-04-2008 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

If using Bray Dart station, where is the best/closest place to park the car for the day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

THe car park as you drive over the gates, past the Hibernia Inn and to the left as you et to the stop sign. If you get there before 8 you are pretty much guaranteed a spot.

I'm not sure if they still do it now but last summer there was a car park open in Bray Wanderers which I think was €5 a day... but why pay when you can get a spot for free! The spaces opposite the dart station are always full in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Not for long. Plans afoot to charge for it and all along the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

No way!!

I flicked past a piece in the bray people yesterday about trebling the prices of parking?? bad enough as it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

If using Bray Dart station, where is the best/closest place to park the car for the day?

Best= Outside the entrance...?
    Closest= Platform...?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭confuddled

Peared wrote: »
    Not for long. Plans afoot to charge for it and all along the beach.

That's terrible news. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

confuddled wrote: »
    That's terrible news. :(

they proposed this a few years back (it was going to be 3 hour max) - I wrote to the council to protest, and I guess I wasn't the only one as they dropped the plans at the time.

Its a terrible idea - a good proportion of these commuters will end up driving into town instead, increasing traffic in Bray and in Dublin. The seafront is quiet enough on weekdays, so the parking spaces will largely sit idle.

The council want Irish Rail to build a multistorey carpark where the existing carpark is, but this is unlikely to happen, and even if it did it would result in higher parking charges for commuters.

There's local election next year - get onto your local councillors and remind them of this, and point out how many potential voters are commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

loyatemu wrote: »
    they proposed this a few years back (it was going to be 3 hour max) - I wrote to the council to protest, and I guess I wasn't the only one as they dropped the plans at the time.
    It already is 3hrs max anywhere but the actual car park at the moment isn't it? I've certainly got parking tickets on the bit outside Katie Gallagher's for overstaying my welcome on one or two occasions.

There is a new parking report going to public consultation soon.

Make your voices heard peoples!

Peared wrote: »
    There is a new parking report going to public consultation soon.

Make your voices heard peoples!

Where would I find details of that - or is there somewhere I could send a letter re. this issue?

Bray Town Council should be your first port of call. The parking by laws will be discussed at tomorrow nights Council meeting which is open to the public.

• Advertisement

Okay I only logged in now so I missed the meeting last night. Anyone know what happened?

The report will not go to public consultation as is, everybody would reject it. So its likely to be tweaked before it goes out. The zone for paid parking/residents discs is huge and cuts through estates so likely to be made smaller. Also price increase is undecided. Carpark on beach will remain free for time being as different set of bye laws required.

Advertisement