Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair Have to use outbound flight ?

Options
  • 17-04-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think I know the answer to this question, but advice appreciated ?
    I've a flight booked with ryanair on Friday to the UK, do I have to use it, if I want to use the return ? (essentially i now have a business trip that overlaps and theres no point in flying home, only to fly out again, may as well get a flight straight into the UK on Friday).

I know some budget airlines require you to use the outbound flight, or the return is invalidated ??

Thanks

FBP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

They won't cancel your return flight if you don't use your outbound flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Don't Ryanair say they are only an A-B airline? If you miss a connecting flight even with them tuff. If thats the case it shouldn't matter if you don't use the outbound leg as according to Ryanair that doesn't have any bearing on the next flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Ryanair say that they are an 'A-B' airline, but I think that relates to onwards/connecting flights.
    Only experience I have with this is Lufthansa, who would not let me use the return flight if I didnt use the outbound.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have booked return flights with Ryanair and not used the outward leg without any problem using the return.

Theyve got your money, I dont think they care whether you turn up, or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I use the return flight without the outgoing one quite often. Particularly when im not sure of the exact dates, do when they have a 1c offer on ill book outgoing and incoming days for a few days over that period and use one combination of the tickets and forget about the rest :)

Still cheaper than waiting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

craichoe wrote: »
    I use the return flight without the outgoing one quite often. Particularly when im not sure of the exact dates, do when they have a 1c offer on ill book outgoing and incoming days for a few days over that period and use one combination of the tickets and forget about the rest :)

Still cheaper than waiting !

Fantastic response.

Thanks..

Glad to know I won't be in trouble on the sunday evening.... :D

Thanks

FBP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Hi,

Can you let us know how you get on with your return journey? I'm in exactly the same position but will return after you...

Many thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Folks, be advised. Most airlines will cancel the return leg if you do not take the outward journey. They say this is for security reasons. While Ryanair may not operate this policy, others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taylan

Hey !
    Can you maybe confirm this (Fatboypee) ? have you travelled without any problem ?
    Although I trust the answers here, I've just seen that in yahoo answers website they are quite negative on this !!
    ??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Hi Talyon,

I'm 100% sure that you don't have to use the outbound flight. Ryanair confirmed it for me and I have done it with no problems. They are two one-ways tickets. The reason that this is a question is because most airlines will cancel in this situation but not Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taylan

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gj777

Since Ryanair 'changed a few things recently', I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is still applicable (that, if a person does not use their outboud flight, the return flight status doesn't change in any way and can still be used)?

I tried to call the number on the site 1520 444 004 but it's not in use anymore apparently :p

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gj777

gj777 wrote: »
    Since Ryanair 'changed a few things recently', I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is still applicable (that, if a person does not use their outboud flight, the return flight status doesn't change in any way and can still be used)?

I tried to call the number on the site 1520 444 004 but it's not in use anymore apparently :p

thanks

Nevermind, just got through on a different number (thanks to this site ryanaircampaign dot org slash contact)

and the status is same: unused outbound flight wont affect your return flight use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement