Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South African Food Cork

Options
  • 17-04-2008 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm trying to do a bit of research to see how many South Africans lives in Cork and who will be interested in buying all the South African favorites like, Biltong, droewors, chilibites, klapperys, home-made fudge, banana bread etc?

And if there is anything else that I havent mentioned?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D. You may get the desired responses here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Are you in the city or county, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AliciaP

Moved from F&D. You may get the desired responses here.

Thanks Magnolia, will give it a try.

Im in the city Roundy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I love banana bread, but my gf can make that for me. I haven't bought a sugar thermometer for her yet though, so you might be able to sell me some fudge; but then I suppose I can get that anywhere. What are the other things, you've piqued my interest?

adam

dahamsta wrote: »
    I love banana bread, but my gf can make that for me. I haven't bought a sugar thermometer for her yet though, so you might be able to sell me some fudge; but then I suppose I can get that anywhere. What are the other things, you've piqued my interest?

adam

haha, well if your south african then you should know what you miss the most from home, just say and i can see what i can do. And yes, you can buy the fudge anywhere, but ours are different........what does she want to do with a sugar thermometer?do they exist?lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

AliciaP wrote: »
    haha, well if your south african
    I'm not, hence the ignorance. Aren't other people allowed to eat SA food? :)
    what does she want to do with a sugar thermometer?do they exist?lol
    Um, measure the temperature of sugar? Handy for fudge, toffee, caramel, etc, apparently.

adam

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'm not, hence the ignorance. Aren't other people allowed to eat SA food? :)

Um, measure the temperature of sugar? Handy for fudge, toffee, caramel, etc, apparently.

adam

Sorry it wasnt my intention to be ignorant, but i will be def getting me one of those then to measure the temprature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dont know any south africans but i do know of 2 zimbabwayans (???), was on hols in south africa b4 lovely country. Food wise i kept finding toasted sandwiches with rashers and bananas. lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Ask around at the Farmers Markets to judge opinion. I love trying out all different cuisines and it makes such a difference when you have someone who knows what their talking about and who can guide you through it. I'm afraid the nearest I've come to South Africa is a strong appreciation of Pinotage, enjoying the cricket (especially Shaun Pollock) and having a slight crush on Victor Matfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leesab

there is a South African shop in Cork, look up Jabula in google - they're also in Dublin.
    AliciaP wrote: »
    I'm trying to do a bit of research to see how many South Africans lives in Cork and who will be interested in buying all the South African favorites like, Biltong, droewors, chilibites, klapperys, home-made fudge, banana bread etc?

And if there is anything else that I havent mentioned?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement