Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla Verso

Options
  • 17-04-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

HI,

Myself and my wife have a car each but I'm thinking of selling the two cars and buying a Toyota Corolla Verso.

We have three kids and was hoping to hear from owners what they think of the car. She drives a saloon but theres just not enough room. Our kids are aged from 1 - 6.

Is there much room in them and are they comfortable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Same boat as yourself and thinking of dipping my toe in the people carrier market.

Not a big fan of people carriers but it's becoming a necessity. We're thinking either the Corolla Verso or the Ford S-Max. I like the S-Max but it's a good bit more expensive.

I took an S-Max for a quick test drive and it's a fine car to drive. I haven't driven teh Toyota.

What about the Mazda5

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MAZDA+MAZDA5/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-141-4294962053-4294967256/advert.action?R=200815307449392&distance=272&postcode=AB10+1AQ&channel=CARS&make=MAZDA&model=MAZDA5&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Corolla Verso is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) in its class. The Zafira for example has waaayy more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

S-Max and Mazda 5 are in a the next class up from the Corolla Verso so would have a space advantage.

Did you look at the new Citroen C4 Picasso? Grand C4 Picasso is a seven seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

We looked at a Toyota MPV because of previous experience with Toyota but decided against the Corolla Verso because we couldnt fit 3 child/booster seats across the mid section and dont want to use the rear seats permanently - we need boot space and am not to keen on having nearest and dearest in the rear crumple zone too often. I didnt choose the avensis verso because the rear seats dont fold flat.

Looks like there are some new Toyota MPVs out towards the end of this year
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055272493&highlight=toyota+mp

We decided on the C4 picasso partly because it just fits 3 boosters on the 3 separate mid seats and the rear seats fold flat. No problems or disappointments after 4 weeks.

I thought the Mazda 5 was less roomier than the C4.

The lack of a spare wheel put me off the S-max but I think its probably the best car. I cant remember if it fitted 3 child seats in the centre.

We looked at a Toyota MPV because of previous experience with Toyota but decided against the Corolla Verso because we couldnt fit 3 child/booster seats across the mid section and dont want to use the rear seats permanently - we need boot space and am not to keen on having nearest and dearest in the rear crumple zone too often. I didnt choose the avensis verso because the rear seats dont fold flat.

We decided on the C4 picasso partly because it just fits 3 boosters on the 3 separate mid seats and the rear seats fold flat. No problems or disappointments after 4 weeks.

I thought the Mazda 5 was less roomier than the C4.

The lack of a spare wheel put me off the S-max but I think its probably the best car. I cant remember if it fitted 3 child seats in the centre.
    You couldn't fit 3 child\booster seats accross the back of the Toyota...?

That's very disappointing for a family car.

That would rule it out for me too.

I wouldn't be a big fan of Citreons. No major reason. Just not a fan. Probably go for the S-Max so. Although, they're expensive hoors. You're looking at about €25k to import and register a 07 Diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We have a Verso and I would say you could fit 3 booster seats across the middle rows. Very comfortable car.

Its downside as mentioned is the boot is a lot smaller than its rivals when it is in 5 seat mode

It cannot compete with the Zafira, although I hate opels. The S-Max would be my choice and will be getting one after we have sold the Verso

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I think you might have to wait until later 2009 for anything to be released....

I heard there might be a long wheel base of the Corolla Verso released then

How about the Renault Scenic.

Are all 07's 7 seaters or do you have to go to the Grand Scenic for that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Scenic is 5 seater, Grand Scenic is 7 seater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    It cannot compete with the Zafira, although I hate opels.
    Wouldn't be a huge Opel fan myself either, but we had a Zafira for a couple of weeks last summer. Other than finding it difficult to get a comfortable driving position I couldn't complain. It carried a huge load.

Other thing is that there are loads of them about so I'd imagine (without checking) they're cheap enough to buy, both here and in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Friends of mine have the Avensis Verso and the Zafira and they love them both. I was looking at the Corolla Verso but it looks very small for the price.

I would prefer a non MPV car with the option of seven seats. I know the older Volvo estates did them. Do any modern cars have this option?

Advertisement