Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best chipper in dublin?

• 17-04-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

hi,
    live near ranelagh
    dont eat chips often even though I love them:)
    am looking for a decent chipper ,any suggestions?
    i heard luigis is good in ranelagh and the san marino on the way into dundrum is also supposed to be good
    have tried one in donnybrook but it was ok

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Burdock's in the Swan Centre in Rathmines is all you need. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There used to be a great chipper in Dundrum called Macari's beside the Church, sadly he sold it to another guy about 4 years ago and it was never the same since and it is now closed down and all trade is transferred to the one under the Luas bridge. He sold the best fresh cod I had tasted. My new favourite is Cafe Angelo on Wexford Street, near the corner of Kevin Street. You can sit in and enjoy delicious fresh fish, he also does a lovely quarter pounder, or you can take away. A little bit pricey, but if you like decent fish and chips, it's nice to be able to get them, even paying a few bob extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

There used to be a great chipper in Dundrum called Macari's beside the Church, sadly he sold it to another guy about 4 years ago and it was never the same since and it is now closed down and all trade is transferred to the one under the Luas bridge. He sold the best fresh cod I had tasted. My new favourite is Cafe Angelo on Wexford Street, near the corner of Kevin Street. You can sit in and enjoy delicious fresh fish, he also does a lovely quarter pounder, or you can take away. A little bit pricey, but if you like decent fish and chips, it's nice to be able to get them, even paying a few bob extra.

Macari's under the Luas briddge is the one of the best chippers I've ever been in. the one beside the church must've been unreal because the one under the bridge would be hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Bistro Cafe on Clanbrassil St, Dublin 8 is very nice.;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Thumbs up for Forte's in Rathgar. Delicious chips, decent burgers and my other half loves their fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't beat Jerry and his very nice pizza's.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

The Macaris under the Luas bridge is good alright, but I prefer San Marino in Windy Arbour, only two minutes by car up the road. Quick delivery, always hot, and the food is top class heart stopper. The burgers are particularly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bleed'n southsiders :rolleyes:

Bruno's on Oxmanstown Rd (D7) and Euro chipper in Finglas village are particularly good.

Has anyone tried 'The Kingfisher' on Parnell St.?. It used to be unrivelled but I haven't tried it in year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

+1

fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Midnight Express, Dorset Street ;)

Advertisement