Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of branches etc.

Options
  • 17-04-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I am about to get stuck into clearing out the dead/out of control shrubs in my garden. I'd love to just throw the crappy twigs and branches into a little fire and let them burn away, but I know that's illegal now....

I've seen basic outdoor heaters in garden centres that you throw wood into.... Could I use one of those to get around the no outdoor fires??

If thats not a runner, I've seen the cheap shredder machines around that you can buy for €150. If I could shred down the stuff (the branches will be small) it would be easy enough to get rid of the left overs then.... But, are these machines any good - will it clog up or break very easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I would'nt recomend burning in a garden stove if your in a city.... you may have the neighbours in about the smell of smoke in the washing.
    you could rent out a shredder and use it for the beds(over time).

Advertisement