Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes from Abroad

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Lads,

I’m thinking about buying a new bike from America with the Dollar so low at the minute and that. The only thing is shipping seems to be a rip off and the lowest I can get with any of the courier companies is around 400USD :eek: I was just wondering have any of you ever used the US postal service to send a bike home before? (they’re only around 150 dollars) – its just the look like a bike is larger than the biggest package they’ll carry

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lads,

I’m thinking about buying a new bike from America with the Dollar so low at the minute and that. The only thing is shipping seems to be a rip off and the lowest I can get with any of the courier companies is around 400USD :eek: I was just wondering have any of you ever used the US postal service to send a bike home before? (they’re only around 150 dollars) – its just the look like a bike is larger than the biggest package they’ll carry

Thanks a million

I haven't used them, but reckon it's a surefire way to get hit for import duty and taxes and the like, which could be an extra 30% or so on top of the price (actual percentages vary it seems)

Advertisement