Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are you taking the day off?

• 17-04-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Well ive just booked Tuesday the 29th off work specifically so I can play GTA. Im interested to see how many other people here will be doing the same with work or college.

Are you taking the 29th off to play GTA? 33 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

...possibly, depends on whether i can get confirmation that i will definately get the game on release day

i did it before for the other games :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Hmmm, I've ordered from Gamesnash and paid for express post so was planning on sitting on the front step of my house from 9 a.m. onwards but I think i might have to go to college that day after all, but only if i want to pass my anthropology exam :)

Might take the 30th off so i can stay up all night playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I will pick it up in the morning, go to work, and spend all day playing it there. Yes, I can really do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

I will pick it up in the morning, go to work, and spend all day playing it there. Yes, I can really do that.

:eek: - Damn you, how?! HOW! Wish i had awesome ability to play GTA IV but still get paid for work job.

Though i am currently supposed to be working so...

Oh and yea i'm taking the day off, gona try and get a copy midnight (sad i know!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'll be working until 3pm, then gaily skipping home to play it:p
    Starting work at 7am the next day though, which kind of rules out a late night session...
    I'll be switching off my phone at the weekend and getting properly stuck in then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

i ordered it online but when it arrives, i might get struck down with some sort of a gta flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Yup. Had a day due, so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Im finished work on Tues 29th of April :) Heading to Brazil on the 1st of June so I will only have a solid month of GTA 4 before I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i've already taken a good few days off and i've only just started a new job :|

looks like im gonna have to go down to gamestop on the way to work.. then sit there in front of a computer untill i can go home at half 5 with the game staring me right in the face :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yes i am! and the next day, i was gonna take the week, but i need some of the other days for other things, it sucks balls.
    So Whats your plan for the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I've booked the 29th and 30th off work. The plan is to get up at my normal time with the missus. She's going to drop me at Blanch shopping centre on her way in to work. I'll either wait outside the shop/s until they open to grab GTA4 or get some breakfast first. I have it pre-ordered in GAME in case of emergency. lol :)

If I decide not to have breakfast, then I will grab a Subway or something else I can bring home with my brand new copy of GTA4 and then eat/play for the rest of the day and the following day also. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ahhh, the joys of being your own boss*

*By that I mean a piss poor student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

kyub wrote: »
    I've booked the 29th and 30th off work. The plan is to get up at my normal time with the missus. She's going to drop me at Blanch shopping centre on her way in to work. I'll either wait outside the shop/s until they open to grab GTA4 or get some breakfast first. I have it pre-ordered in GAME in case of emergency. lol :)

If I decide not to have breakfast, then I will grab a Subway or something else I can bring home with my brand new copy of GTA4 and then eat/play for the rest of the day and the following day also. :D

This is my plan...get up and cycle into Dun Laoghaire...then cycle so fast to Supervalu in Killiney, and grab myself about 4 euro worth of Pick N' Mix.
    Then get a chicken fillet roll and perhaps some coke or Jones Soda. I always whip out the 'bad for you' drinks at special moments.

I have been doing some serious fitness stuff , getting in as best shape as possible in preperation for my what could potentially be a month of slobbing. I fear without this regime I will end up being a tubby pudge for the summer.

As I have said in other threads the week of its release will signal the end of my college year and of the outside world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

I will be on my way to Manchester for the second leg of Man U v Barcelona on 29th but yeah the next day will be spent in front of it - plan on getting the girlfriend to pick it up for me in town!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No point in taking the Tuesday off, you'll need to be up bright and early for work the next morning.

Take the Wednesday off. Finish work early on the Tuesday then you have roughly........... (counts hours on fingers and runs out)........... eh, 200 hours until work on Thursday.

Sleep over the long weekend if needed.

ye, im gonna sleep a few hours when i get home from work then go down for the midnight release, couple of us goin down as our mate works in Game Dundrum ;), so discount!! Getting some food and beer in tesco then heading home and playing till june...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Luckily college will have ended the previous Friday so that whole week will be free. I have one exam on May 16th, but even with a few hours study a day it is still a lot of GTA time.

May be tough getting up early to buy the damn thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Tuesday, Wednesday off. Then half day thursday and Friday off. Hurry up 29th!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nope, lecture at 10 and then a symposium i have to attend at 5 about Chopin and there's a 1200 word report due on it.
    Prolly won't get proper stuck into the game until May 24th (day after I finish my exams)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I work weird hours so,im off that tuesday anyway.

Plan is to go to gym earlyish and pick up me copy on the way home.
    Stock up on fags,pizza and ring the missus and tell her not to bother coming home :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I'm getting it the night before from a mate. He's working the Monday night where i prebooked mine and he's in first thing next day. And it just conincides with a week i have off work. Had to use up my holidays before end of April as the new work year starts beginning of May at my job. My mate better stick to his word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

kyub wrote: »

Yep thatd definitly my cousin alrite.
    im going to sneak into his house and murder him and take his copy as i havent booked one because i know it will lead me to ditching college work :mad: il get a copy gta style with some murderin n stuff *practices his stabing*

April 29th is going to become an iconic day for many people, i can see myself sitting on a porch with all my grandkids reaccounting the day i purchased this game!.

I'll never forget playing GTA 3, PS2 was'nt out long, not too many had them and i called over to a friends after a nights drinking to see it, ended up staying up ALL night playing it(not even doing missions) while he slept!!. I'll never forget that!!

April 29th is going to become an iconic day for many people, i can see myself sitting on a porch with all my grandkids reaccounting the day i purchased this game!.

I'll never forget playing GTA 3, PS2 was'nt out long, not too many had them and i called over to a friends after a nights drinking to see it, ended up staying up ALL night playing it(not even doing missions) while he slept!!. I'll never forget that!!

again....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

I think i might buy a PS3 with GTA4 on release date.

I bought the PS2 just to play GTA3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

Just booked the 30th off, so has a buddy of mine, he couldnt take the 29th off so we both booked the 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im taking the day off but only becuase Im going to the champions league semis. I should have the game early though so I dont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

im off tuesday weds and thurs. i'll take a break for the champs league semis, and my own nightowls match. other than that i wont be leaving the house!! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Have the Tue and Wed off.My boss thinks I'm mad booking 2 bank holidays for a game!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

I think youre mad for telling your boss the reason you were taking the days off...

My plan to buy it in the morning and play it at work has hit a snag, I've pre-ordered in xtravision who apparently don't open until midday. Ah well, will have to go without until I get home from work, and then bring it work the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, and...

how do you play it in work? Curious.

Because my job involves doing a lot of nothing, being on my own for most of the day, and being the only member of staff in the building. Not exactly stimulating but it has its perks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

I'm ment to hand in my final assignment that day, but my lecturer is letting me hand it in on the monday. Have no college wednesday so that's 2 days of solid, non stop playing.

Because my job involves doing a lot of nothing, being on my own for most of the day, and being the only member of staff in the building. Not exactly stimulating but it has its perks.

Dude What do you do? I want that job! (to play gta of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

two days! i don't bloody care if its month end

Advertisement