Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Training 5-a-side

• 17-04-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

OK I'm going to book this tomorrow for either Sat 19th or Sun 20th depending on preferred day. Either is fine with me. Will be for an hour in the afternoon sometime between 2 and 5 and in the ESB sportsco in ringsend (where we did this pre-season). As long as we get at least 8 from the team I can drag in a couple of mates to fill up numbers. Probably no Des, this is just for fitness and fun.

Who's in? Which day is best?

1. Colm (sat or sun)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

im in - either , saturday is best tho.
    lets just book this.
    des any chance you can send a text asking if people are free for sat around 3pm?
    we dont want this to turn into the farce it was last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll sit this out. Knee is ok but dont want to risk flaring it up before Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I've just played 2 games in 2 days, with another one coming up on Saturday, then I'm off on hols on Monday so I can safely say you can rule me out of any leisurely kickabouts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

:
    Savman wrote: »
    I've just played 2 games in 2 days

really, you played a game on Tuesday??:p:p:p:D:D:D

im away this weekend. speaking of 5 a side, whos in for the scouser thing the following weekend? maybe bare this in mind when booking though.

yeah ill play in that bob paisly thing

• Advertisement

Yeh I'm in for that too. Maybe get Des to send a text around about that Ed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Should be in for both of these.

Des, if you can send the text around for Saturday's 5-a-side and let us know the numbers, we'll arrange it from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

1. Colm (sat or sun)
    2. Shay (prefer sat)
    3. Jules (?)

Need a few more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am on for both of these.

where is everyone? If there is no interest I can bring a couple of mates along to make up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I dont mind either day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to text everyone.

Won't be near a pc after 3 today though....until about 6ish, I can post then.

So far...

Shay - yes
    Michael - yes
    Eddie - yes
    Simon - yes
    Owen - yes
    Larry - yes
    Jules - yes
    Colm - yes
    Sav - no
    lepo - no
    art - no
    Geoff - no
    Martin - no
    Cathal - no
    Dan - no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

Sorry lads, I'm not going to be in dublin for the next 2 weekends so I'll have to give both 5 aside kickabout and Tournament a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I could come along for tournament as well if you need the numbers. It's not the handiest for me to get down to though if it's the pitches i'm thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I've just booked the pitch for 4PM (not 3PM as they were booked out).

We've 8 so far and may make 10 who've texted Des back when he updates after 6. Otherwise i'll grab a couple of extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

if it's from 4-5 i may have to run off before the end but will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

LoBo wrote: »
    I've just booked the pitch for 4PM (not 3PM as they were booked out).

We've 8 so far and may make 10 who've texted Des back when he updates after 6. Otherwise i'll grab a couple of extras.

Ah, Crappola! I can't make 4PM:(

I told Des by text earlier that I could make 3PM but would have to shoot off at 4 if we were going for longer than an hour.

So, downgrade that to 7 so far.

Anyway, enjoy the kickabout tomorrow lads and I'll see you's Tuesday.

Speaking of Tuesday...it's out in Columbas ain't it? If there are any lifts going from Goatstown/Dundrum area can someone let me know? Thanks.

Eddie.

I'll be there but will have 10 players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Is this on sat or sun, im confuddeled

Its on today

• Advertisement

How'd this go lads?

Fairly poor to be honest.
    Colm brought 2 mates, so we started with 3v4, then chris,colms mate got his nose broken/dislocated by me (accidental ! :p) so he left.
    We played 3 v 3 for the rest of it I think.

Fantastic stuff :D Hope your man was alright after you broke him up :p Hopefully people will turn up for this tourney next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

then chris,colms mate got his nose broken/dislocated by me
    You evil bastard. You really went thru with it? I thought you were just all talk. Guess I owe you a fiver.:eek:

Savman wrote: »
    You evil bastard. You really went thru with it? I thought you were just all talk. Guess I owe you a fiver.:eek:

:D

but seriously ,hope he's ok Colm, please apologise again from me. He seemed a bit píssed off at the time when I apologised :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

It was a bit of a nothing challange to be honest but he caught his nose on Shays shoulder (and there was only going to be one winner).

I pull a muscle in my leg at this as well, so I out for the match this week and the competition at the weekend (gutted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

then chris,colms mate got his nose broken/dislocated by me.

:eek: typical fecking louth man :p

ud give vinny jones a run for his money.

Bit more of that tomorrow night will do nicely Shay!

I was late to this session cos of working and was pretty disappointed to only find 6 players there, only 5 from our squad (Colm, Michael, Simon, Shay, Owen).

6 players showing up from a squad of 22 or 23 just isn't good enough end of story. Fair play to Colm for organising this and to me it's more than coincidence that most of those that showed up are lads that are not getting regular starts/runs - good to see their hunger but it does ask the question what's going on with the other 16 or 17 (were there really 17 valid excuses?) ?

:eek: typical fecking louth man :p

ud give vinny jones a run for his money.

How many cards yellow/red do I have Ed, how many do you have?! :p

case closed :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK lads, as I said at the beginning of the season, I'm washing my hands of anything to do with training sessions. It's not worth my while texting everyone, wasting the money on that, only for six people to turn up.

Yes, the excuses may be genuine, but the effort is not being made.

I do feel it will affect our season, our fitness levels and all of that.

So, if someone wants a list of contacts for everyone, let me know, and I'll foward on the numbers for everyone.

Advertisement