Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Training 5-a-side

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

How many cards yellow/red do I have Ed, how many do you have?! :p

case closed :cool:

i have 4 i think shay, 2 for mouthing at the ref, 2 for tackles :p, whats your point?? i have never broken up any players. im sure u have got the line once or twice in your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

i have never broken up any players.

:D This is like listening to pillar caffrey claim last week that Dublin are a clean team, only to get 3 reds yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Shay he went to hospital and they think it's broken alright, he's to go back Thurs where I think they all take turns punching him until it's sorta-fixed. :P

Passed on your apologies anyway I'm sure he knows it wasn't meant!

About weekend 5 a side, I wouldn't expect everyone to be there but I'm sure we can get 10 together at least semi regularly. I'm away this weekend but I'll organise it again the following weekend, I'll make sure we have 10 definites so we can at least play a proper 5 a side.

just bringing this up again......as we have seen time and time again, weekends just does not work for training. so i think we should give up on this idea because -

* unless its a full match, we wont get numbers for training.
    * we have several players who are not from dublin and go home at weekends.
    * some people play grass 11 a side at weekends
    * some people are working.
    * some people just couldn be arsed.
    * some people are hungover.
    * matches on tv and people going to matches.
    * family/girlfriend.
    * study.

I could go on and on. we agreed on a thursday night last season to be the night. but we didnt go ahead with it. i would suggest a 5 a side weekly on a thursday night on a short term trial basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Time to bring this up again. I'm out of action on this front til June due to exams on holidays but we should try get something going. I'm more for players getting a chance to shine in this sort of kickabout than making changes in tight games. Lot of lads not getting much football this season so would have thought you'd all be chomping at the bit to show your stuff...

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Time to bring this up again. I'm out of action on this front til June due to exams on holidays but we should try get something going. I'm more for players getting a chance to shine in this sort of kickabout than making changes in tight games. Lot of lads not getting much football this season so would have thought you'd all be chomping at the bit to show your stuff...

i will try organise a friendly for a thur night or something like that. they play in a league a few divisions below us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cool. I could play Thursday week but other than that I cant play til June.

Advertisement