Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Night Athlone

Options
  • 17-04-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Can anyone tell me about reasonable accommodation for a hen night in athlone, want somewhere central enough that will accommodate 15-20 ladies?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

You can all stay in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carann

thanks for the offer..........don't think the other half's/future other half would think its a great idea!! have you any hotel suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Both the Prince of Wales Hotel and Radisson are in the middle of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

derek27 wrote: »
    You can all stay in my house
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Both the Prince of Wales Hotel and Radisson are in the middle of town.

The Sheraton is due to open this month as well I think, that's central too.

A reasonably priced hotel might be the Creggan Court but you would need to get a taxi to get to the town.

Arch House is a b&b in the town centre.

And just something to note, you may think that staying at the Prince of Wales will allow you to get into the nightclub 'Karma' downstairs without having to queue up, but it doesn't!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Try the Shamrock Lodge as well. It's about a ten minute walk from the castle or a few minutes in a taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Hi re Karma Niteclub - avoid it at all costs. Went to hen party there last year and the bride to be had a flashy (& very tacky:)) sash thing and the bouncers wanted her to take it off, in the end they let her keep it with the flashy thing turned off - party poopers, very hen party unfriendly.

Also maybe keep in mind when booking hotel if you are asked if it a hen party you might want to tell a white lie - I know a friend of mine, who was organising a hen party was put on the spot and said "no its not a hen party - its an Irish Dancing Class reunion"

Advertisement