Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Bravo 07, Test car

Options
  • 17-04-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Spotted a Fiat Bravo 07 for sale locally and was think of trading in my 02 Stilo for it.

My first question is as it was used as a test drive car and has6,950 miles on the clock, should I be concerned that it was used for this?
    There seems to be $2,000 off other cars of the same model year etc

Fiat have a bad rep, i ve had mine for 2 years now and it has served me well.
    Does anyone have any comments on the new Bravo reliablity?

any comments would be greatly appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm looking at getting a Fiat Bravo myself (though can't decide if it want the 1.4 or 1.9 sport version...)

Having looked into it a bit, the Bravo seems to be a lot better than previous Fiat cars - they got a new CEO a few years back and he has led a massive push towards building the rep of Fiat. The Fiats made from 2003/2004 on are supposed to be of much better quality in terms of reliability and build quality. I haven't heard horror stories about the Bravo yet either.

It should be a decent buy in that it shouldn't break down all the time, and it should come with 5 year unlimited milage warranty. I think it comes with AA membership for 2 or 3 years too.

Resale value won't be great though, cause it will take a while for the Fiat to build a rep that well retain value.

Also, I'd be looking for more then 2grand off the regular price.

1. You could prob get that kind of discount on a new one if you haggled enough.
    2. It IS second hand, and a year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

There seems to be 2,000 of the norm, I'd say for this reason.

Don't get what you mean there? Are you saying normally a test drive car would only have about 2k on the clock? Personally I can't see any probs to buying that car, especially if you're getting a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Presume the OP means it is a ex demonstrator model that the garage had for potential customers to test drive or is it the garage's ex courtesy car? Generally ex demos are not driven hard and usually the salesperson is in the car with the customer. Whereas a courtesy car is ususally hired out to customers who have their own car in for repair work or servicing. These are touch and go as some people just abuse them as they don't own them.

Have a drive yourself in the car or let someone who knows a few things about cars drive it to get the feel of it. The peace of mind is though that Fiat offer a 4 year warranty on the Bravo so the 2007 Bravo will still have about 3 years left on it in the event there is trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tauren wrote: »
    1. You could prob get that kind of discount on a new one if you haggled enough.

Its a Fiat - you won't. Open Book pricing, officially you won't get a cent off the book price. From experience you'll get mats and mudflaps and thats about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

bazz26 wrote: »
    Presume the OP means it is a ex demonstrator model that the garage had for potential customers to test drive or is it the garage's ex courtesy car? Generally ex demos are not driven hard and usually the salesperson is in the car with the customer. Whereas a courtesy car is ususally hired out to customers who have their own car in for repair work or servicing. These are touch and go as some people just abuse them as they don't own them.

Sorry if my post was confusing lads.

Yep the car was used as a car for potential customers to test drive.
    I m going for a test drive tomorrow morning to see how it feels.

Thanks for your responses so the Fiats appear fine past 2004 and the Bravio has a 3 year warrenty.

So I ll have to do it test drive and we ll see then.

Hopefully he ll give me a decent price for my Stilo.
    NCT until 2010, Taxed for the year and serviced.
    Fingers crossed.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement