Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Now able to transfer from DSL to LLU with no downtime

Options
  • 17-04-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Just heard that BT are now able to transfer existing DSL service to the LLU 8 meg service with no downtime from this weekend from a friend of mine.

Its about time as i would love the faster speed but i could not go 2-4weeks without service, its about time this was implemented really :)

just thought it would be of interest to people in the same position as myself where i could not afford to have downtime of my regular service but would love the extra speed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

Big Chief wrote: »
    Just heard that BT are now able to transfer existing DSL service to the LLU 8 meg service with no downtime from this weekend from a friend of mine.

Its about time as i would love the faster speed but i could not go 2-4weeks without service, its about time this was implemented really :)

just thought it would be of interest to people in the same position as myself where i could not afford to have downtime of my regular service but would love the extra speed

Just be aware.............I was offline for 2 days when they upgraded me, they apparently had no idea what was wrong, and the support guys didn't even know the upgrade was happening - one of them swore blind to me on the phone that I wouldn't be upgraded for another 4 weeks, as I was sitting there looking at my 8MB speedtest :rolleyes:

I know other people upgraded without any hassle, but just don't plan for anything important requiring your connection on the day you're due to be upgraded.

Advertisement