Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Career... new life

• 17-04-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi All

Can I first start by saying I hate recuitment agencies... they are not helping me at all!!

I graduated with a 2.2 Physics degree 2 years ago. I have banking experience... mainly high exposure credit control in personal accounts aswell as invoice discounting for medium to large businesses.

I have spent the last month trying to get into an accounting position preferrably within the banking sector to no avail. Every recruiter I have dealt with keeps telling me I need a business degree, a 2.1, or try push me back into credit control!!

My head is about to explode.!!! :mad:

Does anyone know a good recruiter to go through. i have just applied for the ACCA exams for December.

Or what are my chances here? Am I aiming for something I cant get?? Im in limbo at the moment.

Help please :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Hockey Girl,

Forget about the recruitment agencies. They get paid commission for seeking out experienced employees, a company won't give them a fee to bring them a recruit with zero relevant experience.

I suggest that you get into accounting by using any type of role. Have you thought about funds? I work in funds myself and currently my company have 46 open vacancies! they just can't get anybody.

If you get any type of Funds role and pass just one or two ACCA exams you'll be a hot commodity and the same agencies that are shunning you now will be all over you like a cheap suit!

PM me if you want more details about a funds role in the company I work for

Climber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

Climber wrote: »
    Hockey Girl,

Forget about the recruitment agencies. They get paid commission for seeking out experienced employees, a company won't give them a fee to bring them a recruit with zero relevant experience.

I suggest that you get into accounting by using any type of role. Have you thought about funds? I work in funds myself and currently my company have 46 open vacancies! they just can't get anybody.

If you get any type of Funds role and pass just one or two ACCA exams you'll be a hot commodity and the same agencies that are shunning you now will be all over you like a cheap suit!

PM me if you want more details about a funds role in the company I work for

Climber

Climber ive PM'd you ;)

Advertisement