Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Stint in Your Spotlight

Options
  • 17-04-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

[Hope you don't mind Mods, if I promote my play a bit, if so PM me and I'll take it down]

A Stint in Your Spotlight (World Premiere)
    Presented as part of the 5th International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival

Show-business has always been rough but Jack Harrison is washed up at the grand old age of twenty-eight. Following a brief, but illustrious acting career, Jack’s marriage to his wife Cristal went downhill rapidly as he descended into drug addiction trying to forget who he really wanted - Danny; a premiership footballer and love of his life.

Three years later, Jack’s career is as fractured as his relationships. The drink, drugs and the wild days are long gone and he has become a semi-recluse, living out his life quietly in his apartment until three drama students approach him, wanting to make a play about his life, about his past. Could this be what gets him back on track? Will this be the push that’s needed? And will everything be as it seems?

A Stint in Your Spotlight is funny and touching play about fame, love and playmaking by new Irish playwright, Mark Ward.

Sunday 18th May – Staged Reading – The George pub – Time 3pm - Adm: FREE
    (NOTE: This is not a full production but a rehearsed reading of the play with actors. Will be fun, interesting and best of all, it's free!)

Advertisement