Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baltar and Six's "appearances"

• 17-04-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭

Has anyone managed to work out why Six appears to Baltar and vice versa? Was reading another thread and saw the ones that appeared to as Head Baltar and Six which I think is helpful. But yes, wtf? And especially with the recent development in 402 complicating matters (see that thread for spoilers).

What exactly is going on? I've watched every episode and I still haven't managed to work it out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mark, I've tried, I've rewatched, and tried. There is as of yet no clear inkling as to what is going on. For the moment I have boxed the problem until more information arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EffeekO

It all started with that nuke on caprica, when she said get down, what if when she was transfering her conciousness to a new body, hers and balthars somehow got fused....or somthing,maybe, i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

She (head six) has claimed in previous seasons (spoiler tag any season 4 info) That she is

1. An Angel of god sent to watch over baltar
    2. To guide Baltar to the end of the human race

Also she cant be god, or an angel of god as she would know more than she does, she was as fooled byfaking the eath of Hera as much as anyone, but then when hera was found she did not seem suprised?

Head baltar (in six head) was VERY much like six's charactor maniplative, but one line that makes me think he/she is not god or an angel is what head baltar said to six "I have never, in my life... loved anyone as much as i love you now"

I cant work it out but like Overheal said just box the question because i hope we get some more info before 2009 ****** we have to get something else something anything but then again head baltar counts as something new and that confused matters more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Baltar could just be a nutcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The only explanation I can think of is that is the the final Cylon model and that she was programmed into his head. But theres alot of evidence to go against this theroy, and it would be just too damned obvious.

I don't think there will end up being a "God" as described in the show. The "God" will end up being the person who orchastrated the whole affair, possibly waiting on Earth, but they certainly wont be omnipitent.

Baltar is special in some way, but doesn't really fit in with what we know so far.

I ****ing hate this show :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Watching S1 at the moment and one episode completely Frakked thing s up for me.

Six somehow appears to everyone else on the ship and has a disc with photos of Baltar planting a bomb which turns out to be a fake.
    Then she disappears.

If she is just in his head she could not do this.

Very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, that is a different issue entirely... That'll be explained to you in later episodes.

But I dont believe head baltar and head six (as you so delicately put it) are in anyway similar to the real baltar and six, aside from appearances... Their personalities seem completely different compared to their alter egos. Which raises a whole list of questions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

In the mini series Head Six says to Baltar: "Maybe I put chips in your brain and thats why you can see me". AFAICR Baltar later does a scan of his brain and doesn't find anything - but what does that prove? :D

Sherifu wrote: »
    Baltar could just be a nutcase.

And Caprica Six as well?

I dont know. The only thing i dont get is (i know its stupid but it makes logical sense.)

Take a skin/blood sample of EVERYONE and send a rapter (this should have been done in season 1 or two) send the raptor back to ragnor anchorige (the space station in the mini series) Just sit in the nebula for a week or two and see whoes skin sample starts to degrade?

Or when they had the season 3
    cylon virus
    why not spread it to every single ship in their fleet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

Ivan wrote: »
    Well, that is a different issue entirely... That'll be explained to you in later episodes.

But I dont believe head baltar and head six (as you so delicately put it) are in anyway similar to the real baltar and six, aside from appearances... Their personalities seem completely different compared to their alter egos. Which raises a whole list of questions...

sorry, but can you explain where the 6 that accused Baltar of aiding the cylons ( Miss Godfrey ) came from? I have watched all 3 series but cant for the life of me remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's possible that Baltar is the final cylon and that head 6 is the only part of his cylon makeup that is active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Didn't she tell him in Season 1 that they implanted a chip in his head while in New Caprica.

Didn't she tell him in Season 1 that they implanted a chip in his head while in New Caprica.
    Nah, the actual quote is something along the lines of "Maybe I'm an angle sent from God, maybe I planted a chip in your head or maybe you're going insane".

And although this doesn't prove much if we're talking about Cylon tech Baltar scanned himself and found nothing implanted in his brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah that could be it.
    Hmmm..I'm suggesting Telepathic links as remember she was also seeing him in her form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

I think the Head Six and the Head Baltar could be the godly versions...the two Heads seem to be...not omnipotent, but very much aware of what is coming, as if they've seen it/experienced it all before...

The show has always been simultaneously grounded and real, whilst allowing for spiritual tangents and interpretations. Perhaps we'll naver truly get an answer, but I think that this journey reflects the exodus of Jews from Egypt, and both Baltar and Caprica Six are Moses-characters...and the head characters are either their inner godliness, or else it's God(s?) contacting them directly.

Does that make any sense? I ramble, I know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

So wait... Baltar is seeing the head six in his mind? How do we know this? (For some reason I thought it was like a "reflection" of Caprica six or something... just in his brain, hence she's not aware of it... And she has Galactica Baltar in her head)...

And Head Baltar? Who is this now? BTW don't answer if it involves anything beyond tonight's episode on SKY...

did sky show 1 or two episodes tonight?

It cant be what you think because in seasons 1-3 head six who baltar sees gives him info that he does not have, she tells him things and she knows things - It cant be a reflection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Six somehow appears to everyone else on the ship and has a disc with photos of Baltar planting a bomb which turns out to be a fake.
    Then she disappears.

If she is just in his head she could not do this.

Very confusing.

query:

We never hear from that 6 again.

Caprica 6 is where, right now?

The Pegasus 6 is the one that set off the Nuke that alerted the Cylon fleet to the location of New Caprica.

Who is the 6 that is/was playing political games with the Centurions?
    Who is the 6 that is in Galactica's Holding Cell?
    User45701 wrote: »
    And Caprica Six as well?

I dont know. The only thing i dont get is (i know its stupid but it makes logical sense.)

Take a skin/blood sample of EVERYONE and send a rapter (this should have been done in season 1 or two) send the raptor back to ragnor anchorige (the space station in the mini series) Just sit in the nebula for a week or two and see whoes skin sample starts to degrade?

Or when they had the season 3
    cylon virus
    why not spread it to every single ship in their fleet?

They strongly considered the option at the time and were going to carry it out. From what I understand they were going to go ahead with it but the infected skinjob was killed (by who i cant recall) before Galactica could FTL jump inside the Ressurection Ships receiver range: their plan was foiled.
    IamBeowulf wrote: »
    I think the Head Six and the Head Baltar could be the godly versions...the two Heads seem to be...not omnipotent, but very much aware of what is coming, as if they've seen it/experienced it all before...

The show has always been simultaneously grounded and real, whilst allowing for spiritual tangents and interpretations. Perhaps we'll naver truly get an answer, but I think that this journey reflects the exodus of Jews from Egypt, and both Baltar and Caprica Six are Moses-characters...and the head characters are either their inner godliness, or else it's God(s?) contacting them directly.

Does that make any sense? I ramble, I know:)

I like this theory. It would certainly offer up some explaination to the events surrounding the Olympic Carrier, among other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

fguihen wrote: »
    sorry, but can you explain where the 6 that accused Baltar of aiding the cylons ( Miss Godfrey ) came from? I have watched all 3 series but cant for the life of me remember.
    Well, its a little off-topic, but essentially she was an implant by the 6 line to acuse baltar and then help clear him, in the effort of making him completely unassailable and unaccusable of what we know him to have done, helped the cylons to take down the colonies defenses.

When her objective was complete, she left or ran off and hid, I'm not really sure.

For some reason, keeping Baltar alive was important to the Cylons and given the Leoben model's apparent omniscience and what we know Baltar to have done and what we believe he might or will do, I'd say it was very important that he should survive...

It also gave Baltar the credibility to build the Cylon detecting device, which allowed him to supply the six model from pegasus with a nuclear warhead. Its funny, there is quite alot of interconnectivity between Baltar, Random Six's and very important things in general which might not have worked out quite the same way or at all had baltar not been kept alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And although this doesn't prove much if we're talking about Cylon tech Baltar scanned himself and found nothing implanted in his brain.

That in itself doesn't prove anything as the cylons are masters of organic machine interfaces that don't show up on Colonial scans. I don't think Caprica Six implanted a chip though based on her reaction towards Head Balter after her resurrection.
    User45701 wrote:

The radiation in the Nebula affected what Adama referred to as the "silica pathways" in the cylon brain, rather than individual cylon cells.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

Caprica 6 is where, right now?
    Who is the 6 that is in Galactica's Holding Cell?

Holding Cell on galactica
    Overheal wrote: »

They strongly considered the option at the time and were going to carry it out. From what I understand they were going to go ahead with it but the infected skinjob was killed (by who i cant recall) before Galactica could FTL jump inside the Ressurection Ships receiver range: their plan was foiled.

Sorry that was to infect the cylons fleet why didnt they infect the civillian fleet and galactica

Stark wrote: »
    That in itself doesn't prove anything as the cylons are masters of organic machine interfaces that don't show up on Colonial scans.

Thats what I said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

My Rogue theory that makes no sense...

Baltar- a child of the final five?

Basis: if he was half human, half cylon- it may explain why he and 6 are so linked.

He has demonstrated the ability of projection.

Now, this is a random theory i just thought of as I read the thread, so please, discredit away. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

MrGump wrote: »
    Baltar- a child of the final five?

Basis: if he was half human, half cylon- it may explain why he and 6 are so linked.

That's actually a pretty interesting idea.

Advertisement