Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Abroad

Options
  • 17-04-2008 2:24pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I am looking for Boardsies living in exotic (or not so exotic) lands to do a podcast with me about life there and what not.

I'm currently putting together a mailing list for this, so if you would be interested in taking part or if you have any ideas for questions to be asked to those living in far off lands, please let me know.

If you're definitely interested in taking part, send me a PM and I will add you to the mailing list. I am away at the moment but will be making serious tracks on this next week.

PS: It would also be good if those interested in be interviewed has Skype or something similar that I can use for calling you on as it works very nicely with the recording stuff on my laptop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I might be interested when things settle down here a bit. :) Will PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think you already have my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm in. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You should try and get Watna... before and after moving to New Zealand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

tallaght01, the bio and med mod, might be interested in this, he's in oz at the mo. The medical blog that himself and the other docs/nurses on the Med forum run is very interesting and funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

might be interested alright. gotta get skype set up, but that's not too much hassle is it?

might be interested alright. gotta get skype set up, but that's not too much hassle is it?

Nope none at all... plus it's the most friendly platform for mac to PC communication anyway...

hey, you can't expect me to compensate for you bad purchasing decisions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Right, I've not forgotten about this but I've been away and this week I actually had a busy work week for a change. Same next week in fact.

However, I would like to get some good suggestions for questions to ask these far away people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You should try and get Watna... before and after moving to New Zealand.

Anotehr Boards member coming over. Woohoo... not alone :D

I might be interested in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

WWM & majd may be interested in this.

I suppose some collective questions to put could be along the lines of;

-Do you find boards useful in keeping in touch with home?

-Do you feel it's an accurate representation of d'Oirish?

-How many locals have you converted to the boards cause? (Commission applies in the case of five or over per location, I'm told ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

And of course, what brought you to where you are, and do you intend to stay?

Stories=teh win.

Rabies wrote: »
    Anotehr Boards member coming over. Woohoo... not alone :D

I might be interested in this.

yeah, she'll be north island once she settles, too. doing a tour of the place first, im lookin forward to hearing an irish accent in the flesh, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Maybe we can get a mini Boards Beers going :D

get yer ass down to south island, then, cos ive no money to get up there!

though am planning on a trip up there to new plymouth next march/april for some inkage (btw, if you know anyone who got tattoo'd at vision ink by gene... lemme know!).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is, Boss, Arky, A, Country, now,?

Are, you, actually, a, broad,?

Should, The, Shat, be, reading, this, post,?

Thank, you, for, posting, in, this, thread, Boss, Arky.

Right, so does anyone have Skype ready to go? I want to have a go at one of these at the weekend as I finally have a somewhat clear schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

Unfortunately I dont have skype but I have found that voice on msn is not bad these days. I do have a regular phone too

That said I dont know if Brighton is considered a far enough away exotic place. I suppose its far away from Armenia and more exotic than Bagdad.

• Advertisement

yeah, ill put skype on before hte weekend.

where are you tSubh Dearg? ie, what kinda time in relation to ireland?

I'm in Ireland. You're in NZ right? That's about 10 hours difference?

So tell me what time of day would suit you best for being interrogated and I'll work out a staying up late/getting up early thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I can have Skype sorted by the weekend too probably. Perth is 7 hours ahead of Ireland and I usually get home from work at about 5pm so that's 10am your time. I do play football 4 or 5 times a week so that might be a stumbling block! I'm sure something can be worked out though. Looking forward to it.

11hrs at the mo (though 12 or 13 depending on time of year)... if xavi's around 10am-ish irish time, that's about... *counts on fingers*.... that's about 9pm for me... friday, is ok for me, saturday, im not sure, *might* be going to a gig, and sunday, is good. might try sucker watna in as well, got a text from her yesterday, she's in nz and set up with a phone now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm 8 hours ahead of Ireland here in sunny Okayama, Japan. I'll be available over the weekend and I have Skype...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

2 hrs ahead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I've got Skype but I could be too late for this...

nah, apparently it's gonna be happening over the next few weeks... i've only just installed skype now, and i have absolutely no idea what to do with it just yet :D

Anything ever happen with this?

Do you need any sort of help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

How about a kick in the arse?

Advertisement