Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Abroad

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm just going to sit quietly and try and figure out what the hell you guys are saying.

Also, I'm not giving you guys my phone number, especially after you called Des like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

GuanYin wrote: »
    I'm just going to sit quietly and try and figure out what the hell you guys are saying.

Also, I'm not giving you guys my phone number, especially after you called Des like that.
    I can give you our number and you can call us instead then.

Either that or you can find a local phone box and I can call that.

I can give you our number and you can call us instead then.

Either that or you can find a local phone box and I can call that.

Emmmmm why not just use Skype as planned?

I think I'm going to run into problems here mainly because I don't understand most of what is said on the boardscast and I'm likely to just freeze up and just say yes or no.

Don't have internet access in the studio itself... so if we were to use skype it might have to be pre-recorded and then dropped in.

I'll have a look into it tomorrow and see what sort of solution I can come up with.

I've used MSN for voice chat before too and AIM :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I don't understand most of what is said on the boardscast and I'm likely to just freeze up and just say yes or no.

known in the business as "doing a Will"

Actually, count me out. Given the feedback thread that I have just read, I'm not interested in people mocking my accent and quality of english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Actually, count me out. Given the feedback thread that I have just read, I'm not interested in people mocking my accent and quality of english.

That is a shame if you genuinely feel that way. I don't know who the people are that came in and started going on about his language skills but it was bang out of order. Must be a severe minority because Delija has been posting in BGRH for months and I can't say I can recall a time when any comment of the sort was made.

I know that I for one would like to here from any of our Boardsies abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Agreed. Dunno how people decided to start berating the poor chap. His English was still far better than half of the Leaving Cert forum.

And don't let one thread put you off participating. I'd love to hear you on a podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Just saw this. I'm up for any boardsies abroad action.

**** all interesting to say, but if it's on I'm happy to be involved.

I live in Australia.

Well.. I did a few tests today... and I think I have a clever and amusing way to make Skype work in the studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Does that mean phone calls are out?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Does that mean phone calls are out?

I think I'd still prefer to do it over the phone. It will most likely sound a lot better anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cool well you have my 'digits' as the hip youngsters say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I is in New Zealand and would be up for some podcast action.

Would I have to get up in the middle of the night though? That'd make me very grumpy and I'd no doubt say something I regret!

Advertisement