Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purelycreative?

Options
  • 17-04-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

purelycreative?

If anybody tried it. Price worth €1.5 million. You have 2 call a premium number with call rate €2.40/min that will last for 4.10 sec exactly ..means you pay approx. €9 to claim your price.
    Is it worth calling if i matched three symbols?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

erm yes its a great thing well worth the €9 but then you will incur other costs to collect your prize, usually the "prize" is less valuable than the costs incurred and what you pay for the premium rarte calls goes into the companies coffers!

stay well clear of these "scams"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

On a similar note, I came across this crowd yesterday (that's what you get for clicking on google ads).

Free flights/holidays, just answer a simple question and enter your mobile number, and click the big "Free Entry" button. Simple. Except for the small print that tells you your first entry is free but you're subscribing to a service that will send you another question every 4 days at €2 a pop.

If it seems to good to be true ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

confuzed wrote: »
    purelycreative?

If anybody tried it. Price worth €1.5 million. You have 2 call a premium number with call rate €2.40/min that will last for 4.10 sec exactly ..means you pay approx. €9 to claim your price.
    Is it worth calling if i matched three symbols?

you will always match three symbols. In fact, i'd be amazed if i ever didn't win on one of those cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If its too good to be true..................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you read the fine print on these cards you will notice that not only do you pay E9 for the phone call but that you will also have to pay either E9 or E5 postage charge for the items they give away most frequently!(eg. rubbishy watches and digital cameras).

I have never met anyone who has won anything decent on these cards but in February a woman in Galway did win the E1.5 million euro top prize. It's featured here : http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=w06J1Mb4a2X1&EID=cb105895-bef7-466c-b174-566d1bfcd0b4
    You need to turn to page 9.It's under the headline "Galway Woman Hits Jackpot".

I would still be hard pushed to bother so much as scratching one of these cards though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement