Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M.Sc. in Computer Science (Software Engineering)

• 17-04-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is this course any good (full time)? I already have a honours degree in software engineering :)and was wondering has anyone done it and found it worthwhile?? Is it a step up from the Honours Degree in Computer Science Maynooth? How does it compare to other Masters in Computer Science around

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

its supposed to be good, I applied for it but went for the electronic engineering masters instead. there are some great courses, but some of them do mix with undergrad stuff.

I dont know anyone on this course, but i have friends in the research groups there, mainly seem to be heavily involved in vision and imaging. theyre pretty good at this, and the course in it is pretty good.

Outside of that, i cant say much as i havent a huge amount of experience in it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

http://www.cs.nuim.ie/courses/modlist.php?coursecode=MSCSE&year=5

You can check out what the modules are about here.
    You do 8/9.
    Im finishing up the Higher Diploma in I.T this year and have applied for the Msc for next year.

Not sure if you know how it runs. It is 1 full week of lectures followed by 1 week of assignmnets that you should be allowed complete off campus. This is for each module. Leads to alot of time off.

If you choose to apply, hopefully see you there.

Advertisement