Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal/Banking question

Options
  • 17-04-2008 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I got a Government cheque today, not a large one just €75. I want to bring it to the bank tomorrow and cash it. As long as I have ID, will I be okay? The only reason I didn't do it today is I don't have ID with me.

Also, I should mention, my ID is an ML10 form. I'm nearly sure this will be okay as I used it to open the account but you get some people who say "I can't take that". This happened to me when I opened a Chartbusters account, she said "I can't take that" and I told her she'd have to. She did, in the end.

So will the bank cash my cheque do you think? It's a Government cheque, it's not that big and I will have an ML10 with my for ID.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You can only cash at chq at the bank at which was issued from. Otherwise they might say no. Why to you still have a ML10? Its not really meant to be used as a form of ID in the way your using it.

Is the chq crossed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MyDseMkesAngels

Well, I went to the bank on Friday. I actually forgot to bring my ML10 but it wouldn't have mattered. There was no way she was cashing it! No way. You'd think it was her money I was asking for.

What's wrong with an ML10? I don't drive and I don't have a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Your right its not her money.... its her job. A ML10 is a temp form used to open accounts for people who do not have a driving l or a passport. Its no intended to be use for ID in the way your using it.

Banks are not going to bend the rules for you. Open an account or get proper ID.

You don't really have cause to complain, you went into a bank with no id and asked them to cash a chq.... If you can not see what your doing wrong then I don't know what your going to do.

Advertisement