Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

New Orleans Hornets 102 : 84 San Antonio Spurs 2-0
    Detroit Pistons 100 : 93 Orlando Magic 2-0

God for Pistons and Hornets for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yao/McGrady need to get out of Houston, prefarably Yao imo.

Good start for Hornets and Pistons.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Cavs take on the Celtics.

We will see tonight,anyway its going to be 4-2 for Celtics i think,Cavaliers are good but it would be surprise to eliminate main candidate for title

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Wow what a game tonight! Celts v Cavs!
    Just lettin everyone know its live (delayed live) on Channel 5 tonight!
    I love Lebron and you gotta love the Celts with Garnett and Pierce who have suffered the last how many seasons. I just don't know who I want to win!??:eek: Maybe Cavs.

I really hope the Magic can come back and make a series with the Pistons down 0-2...gonna be tough!

Boston Celtics 76 : 72 Cleveland Cavaliers

Whan a terrible shooting night for Celtics and bad game from Cavs,especially LeBron

• Advertisement

Orlando Magic 111 : 86 Detroit Pistons 1-2
    Los Angeles Lakers 120 : 110 Utah Jazz 2-0

Big problem for Pistons,Billups got injured and he wont play probably till the end of playoff,now they really could have problems

Boston Celtics 89 : 73 Cleveland Cavaliers 2-0
    San Antonio Spurs 110 : 99 New Orleans Hornets 1-2

I really hope the Spurs get eliminated. I couldn't bare to watch another boring finals.

Me too,i would like to see Hornets in final,they playing great this year and this is chance they made biggest successes in latest history

Utah Jazz 104 : 99 Los Angeles Lakers 1-2

• Advertisement

Orlando Magic 55 : 44 Detroit Pistons on half time,it seems Orlando will come back after 0-2 and i think without Billups for Detroit,Magic have maybe more chance now to play East conference finals

Wow,Pistons won it dramaticly Orlando Magic 89 : 90 Detroit Pistons 1-3,i think Orlando missed big chance and now they dont have chance to get in finals
    Cleveland Cavaliers 108 : 84 Boston Celtics 1-2 Cavaliers played good game even James played terrible again,Celtics obviously have problems to win away games in playoff

New Orleans are bottling it!!!!!!!!! :mad: Pretty happy that Utah pulled it back to 2-2.

Would I be right in saying that there's been very few road wins this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I really hope the NOH beat San Antonio. NOH and a Lakers Western Conf final would be great to watch. Obviously a Boston vs LA finals would be best, but I have a suspicion that Detroit might give Boston a tough series, depending on Billups' health. Boston haven't looked steady especially after that Atlanta series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

A lot of teams have really struggled on the road, but Boston wasn't one of them. Their road record was pretty damn excellent, especially against teams in the West. They've struggled in the playoffs though.

I'm still reserving judgement on them though. I'm not quite sure if they'll be a championship winning team this year.

Utah Jazz 123 : 115 Los Angeles Lakers 2-2
    San Antonio Spurs 100 : 80 New Orleans Hornets 2-2
    Cleveland Cavaliers 88 : 77 Boston Celtics 2-2

I am glad for Utah,on the other hand i still hope hornets will go through and celtics still dont know to play away in this playoff....
    Anyone saw James reaction to his mother on last game when she was defending him after Pierce fouled him?:D

Pistons through. Disapointed with that result as I like Dwight Howard but he's still young and can imagine them being a force next year.

Hornets took a 3-2 lead .....BUT......they were at home. They've to play game 6 in San Antonio and unless they take this game, I can see the Spurs winning, purely on experience, hopefully not though.

Celtics up 3-2, as are the Lakers. Hopefully it's New Orleans vs. Cavs/Celtics, I just don't like how the rest of teams play or else they're boring to watch.

Hopefully New Orleans can wrap things up tonight!! COME ON!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 co co

Hornets and Spurs is going to play the seventh game...:D

co co wrote: »
    Hornets and Spurs is going to play the seventh game...:D

BALLS!! :mad: Spurs are gonna take it I reckon. :(

Hopefully Utah and Cleveland can force a 7th game in their series.

• Advertisement

I am not happy Detroit passed and i also hope Hornets will still eliminate Spurs

Curent semi finals results

Detroit Pistons-Orlando Magic 4-1
    New Orleans Hornets-San Antonio Spurs 3-3
    Los Angeles Lakers-Utah Jazz 3-2
    Boston Celtics-Cleveland Cavaliers 3-2

Tonights games

Utah Jazz-Los Angeles Lakers
    Cleveland Cavaliers-Boston Celtics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Everybody hates the Spurs! :)

Hard to see them playing that badly on the road four games in a row

Should be some third quarter!

I have an exam the next day so can't stay up :/

Hope Utah will win tonight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lakers into the Conference finals

Lakers 108-105 Jazz

Utah made it a bit interesting in the end with 5 straight 3's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Great 4th quarter by the Jazz. How good is Deron Williams!? Pity that last three didn't drop.

I can't see the Lakers going all the way.

Kulgan wrote: »
    Everybody hates the Spurs! :)

It's not that I hate them but from a viewer's point of view there basketball is boring to watch. Technically I think it's great, it's how I'd want any team I'd play on to play as it's extremely effective.

Poxy lakers got through to the finals and LeBron forced a 7th in an extremely low scoring game.

Hopefully New Orleans can pull it off tonight, may stay up and watch it.

Lakers are in the final:( Not happy with this news,Boston still cant win away game,whats wrong with them,they playing too much games in this playoff so i think now they cant make it coz they are getting too tired,they will pass Cleveland but for something more they need to play less games and win away games or they will get exchausted and wont do nothing more than conference finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

''Poxy Lakers'' deserved to win though,they were the better team the entire game!

• Advertisement

Well they did deserved i am just saying i am not happy with that,now situation is:
    Detroit Pistons-Orlando Magic 4-1
    New Orleans Hornets-San Antonio Spurs 3-3
    Los Angeles Lakers-Utah Jazz 4-2
    Boston Celtics-Cleveland Cavaliers 3-3

Tonight playing Boston Celtics - Cleveland Cavaliers

Advertisement