Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Watching Celtics vs Cavs atm. Good game. Pretty much LeBron vs Pierce.

Edit: Was a good game to watch. I feel LeBron choked at the end with the layup, losing the jump ball and the missed free throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Celtics won out in the end,Cav's/James made it interesting in the 4th! Pierce and James had huge and almost identical nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Gutted the Cavs got knocked out :( I really hope they add some talent to their roster to help Lebron. I mean if Garnett doesn't have a big game let alone Allen they have Pierce! It's not fair!! Boody hoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well expected game result,now to wait Hornets-Spurs game to complete finalists

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

come on hornets, i really hate the spurs, the most boring team in the NBA and if any other team had parker and manu theyd be explosive but fat and grey Gregg Pop has them as the most boring ass team in the league, does my head in, either way Celtics for the title, watched them in Miami in November and that was amazing but itl be even better when they get them some rings

• Advertisement

Lakers-Spurs in the West!

Not a great game,good 4th quarter,Hornets came back a lot,Fargo was on fire!

I new the hornets would bottle it!!! :mad:

New Orleans Hornets 82 : 91 San Antonio Spurs I knew it:( Again stupid Spurs:(

Hope the Spurs beat the Lakers and Celtics beat the Pistons.

Garnett vs Duncan & Bowen vs Pierce would be good matchups in the finals I think.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I new the hornets would bottle it!!! :mad:
    How did they bottle it?! SA are a better team,they have the experience,they've done it all before,the Hornets haven't even won a second round series!

• Advertisement

So what?They had great season,played well in playoff and won all home games in this round so it was expected they wont lost this one,i am surprised they did

kmart6 wrote: »
    How did they bottle it?! SA are a better team,they have the experience,they've done it all before,the Hornets haven't even won a second round series!

If you haven't noticed this year, winning a game away from home in the playoffs has been rare. They had home court advantage. Statistics would be on the side of the Hornets to win the game but they bottled it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Just popped in here to say that due to a series of unexpected events, I'm going to game one of the Celtics/Pistons series in Boston tonight. Should be fun. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just popped in here to say that due to a series of unexpected events, I'm going to game one of the Celtics/Pistons series in Boston tonight. Should be fun. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I'm looking forward to it.

I just popped in to tell you to gfy!!!!!!! Lucky bitch!!!!!! :(:pac:

Lucky you,enjoy,have a good time:D

If you haven't noticed this year, winning a game away from home in the playoffs has been rare. They had home court advantage. Statistics would be on the side of the Hornets to win the game but they bottled it!!
    Statistics don't win you games!!!

so jealous wow thats some lucky unexpected events! Should be a sweet game, I'll be watchin it live on five tonight! That's as close as I can get unfortunately :(

lol just saw this on msn.com...cracked me up!

FOX Sports

Have you seen this man? Celts need to find MIA star

Game 1 to the Celtics 86-79!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Statistics don't win you games!!!

You're being very pedantic now so I think I'll join in. Points are statistics, you saying they don't win you games as well? :rolleyes:

Another home game win last night in Boston.

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly but the odds have been with the home team. Even in that series up until game 7, the home team always won. New Orleans bottled it.

• Advertisement

Boston won as i expected,i agree New Orleans bottled it and metaoblivia how was the game?:D

Points are statistics, you saying they don't win you games as well?

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly but the odds have been with the home team. Even in that series up until game 7, the home team always won. New Orleans bottled it.

So your saying you were talking about points in games,and not the stats on margin of wins,FG's etc...?!

Odd's are generally with the home team when it get's to the second round,doesn't mean it's going to end up that way! The Spurs are a lot more experienced than the Hornets and were always going to win that game,it's not a case of the Hornets bottling it,it's a case of a new situation for them. If they had completed the come back in the 4th you'd be saying the Spurs bottled it.

The game was great! We got to our seats just in time for the game to begin. We were sitting center court on the balcony. The Garden was full of Celtics fans. I didn't see a single Pistons jersey the entire time I was there (except for once on the big screen in the back ground). Boston took the lead from the start and were in control the whole game, as I'm sure you know. It was a happy arena. :D My friend made me wear his Larry Bird jersey, but during half time I got a Celtics shirt of my own.
    And on an ending note, Boston fans are crazy. On the t ride back home, a few inebriated and joyous Celtics fans spotted a Pistons fan on the train deck and started yelling and screaming at him, threatening him, calling him racial slurs. They were literally banging on the windows of the train. I was definitely glad I was in my Celtics disguise (my home team is the Orlando Magic).
    I'd do it again though if I got the chance!

I am glad you had fun,will you go also on next game?
    Are you on some tour there or you live in Boston acctually?

I live in Boston. As it happens, I actually go to the same gym that the Celtics use during the off season. I haven't seen any of them there though. They have their own private section of the gym, including their own basketball court, and when they're in there it's completely blocked off.
    I may go to another game... that's more iffy. A guy I met recently might be getting tickets to the next home game with the Pistons and he invited me to come with him if he did. I'll let you know if I go!

dammit you are so lucky:(
    well enjoy when you have chance and dont miss it to go on those games if you can:)

Lakers 89-85 Spurs

LA only took the lead for the first time with 2:42 left,were down by 20 at one stage! Kobe scored 27,25 in the second half!

Well i would rather watch Lakers in final than Spurs so i am happy with this result:D

What a break of Pistons last night

Boston Celtics 97 : 103 Detroit Pistons

First loss of Celtics at home in playoff

• Advertisement

Didn't watch it,but from reading reports didn't seem like much of a break,more like they deserved it! Billups got over his injury to be a lot more effective! Garnett didn't seem to show at all,but Allen got his scoring touch back thank god!

Advertisement