Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Not so convincing win for the Celtics. Good to see Ray Allen back on form (consistently) as he had some shocking games early in the playoffs. From what I saw of the last few moments, the turnovers from the Celtics were due to people being too stationery although it could've been a case of Doc saying give it to pierce and gtfo of the way. Big game for Powe of the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Very good for Boston,now they need to do miracle and win one game in LA if they wont to finish this finals fast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

One game in LA would still take it to game 6 so not exactly quick!

Well if we see how Boston is playing home 4-1 would be quick for the finals

What?!

• Advertisement

What you dont understand?I am saying if they come back home with 3-1,judging by how they are playing good at home it can finish 4-1 and thats quick finals over for me

:rolleyes:

Oh jesus, you shouldn't try and be smart when you are totally wrong!

The NBA Finals are a 2-3-2 format!! So to explain that for you,the next three games are in LA and the last 2 in Boston...if necessary that is!

Sorry i forgot about that,wasnt paying much attention:pac:
    hope this thing with being smart didnt mean you called me stupid....

I was saying you were trying to be smart with your reply by asking....
    what you dont understand
    ...which back fired on you since you were wrong!

that sentence wasnt in bad context at all,i am sorry you understand it in wrong way coz i didnt mean to sound rude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Ah cool you can hear Van Gundy and Jackson "off camera" on the nba.com stream :)

Difference in FTA for the Lakers already is gas!

Lakers 87-81 Celtics :Celtics lead 2-1

Kobe 36 with and Sasha with 20.....huge games! Pierce and Garnett weren't great at all,Allen had 25 carring them along with the bench!

Good game by Pierce with 6 points!!! :rolleyes:

He f*cked himself over with his fouls! Didn't help that Bryant decided not to give him an inch in most of the 4th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Kulgan wrote: »
    Ah cool you can hear Van Gundy and Jackson "off camera" on the nba.com stream :)

There's some hilarious **** comes out when they're off-air:

At one point in Game 1 Van Gundy accused Jackson of trying to earn brownie points with the camera crew

Before Game 2 Jackson nearly had a child when he realised the cue buttons had been changed around by the techies.

Also, try to keep count of how many times they pick up on each other in each game for not being able to pronounce Vujacic! :D

upmeath wrote: »
    Also, try to keep count of how many times they pick up on each other in each game for not being able to pronounce Vujacic! :D

Love it when they do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Aw looks like there will be no off air comedy or cheerleaders tonight, seems to be the proper ABC feed

Celtics 97-91 Lakers: Celtics led 3-1

Jesus Lakers threw it away:mad:,up by 21 after the first,24 at one stage in the 4th,terrible second half by the Lakers!

Well done

• Advertisement

Watched the first quarter and the Celtics were shocking bad. Hopefully the close it out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

This loss lies in Phil Jacksons hands, and his alone.

The Celtics are on a scoring bonanza, going on 13-3 run. And he decided to keep Farmar and Sasha. While the way better defenders Fisher and Ariza are on the bench.

Fish should play for at least 30 minutes in a game.

Never thought Phil Jackson would ever be outcoached in a Finals game but that was a big reason for the C's win

Don't think it was a case of out coached! Lakers got into too much of a comfort zone and started to take it too easy,Pau went back to going easy at the basket and kept missing! There was one stage where it was 24-7 and Jackson took a time out,now that wasn't understandable and you could see Fisher questioning that decision,if he hadn't called that god knows what the momentum could of done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Disagree completely. Anytime a team gives up a 20 point lead blame always has to start at the top. He had no answers for the Celtics defense, did nothing to keep the Celtics out of the paint, and likely coughed up the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Mark Jackson annoys the **** out of me. Go Celts! I hope Vujacic does his cruciates!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is my first post in this section of boards. Firstly apologies to Lafortezza for giving the result in the poker section. But I was just so excited by the comeback that I had to post it.
    I don't think the Lakers have any excuse for blowing a lead as big as this one. On the other side of the coin, the Celtics have shown that there is more to this team than just the names, there is great heart and a never say die attitude. This has been shown all through the playoffs not just in this game.

Paul Pierce is a legend, an honourable player who has stuck with the Celtics through some tough times.

Oh and its over, there is no way back now. Just look at my sig.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

No worries eagleeye. I spoiled the first 3 games for myself before watching so its not a big deal. There was time in game 4 where the Lakers just could not get open and good shots, the Celtics defence was so good. Even Kobe was guarded very well by Pierce and by Allen.
    KG and pierce could get decent shots 1v1 if they ran a clearout play.

Also, another Celtics amazing comeback from 6 years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MI3sj3XKrQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9pklLtkeE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfIAb8G0_I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkqWMX-Y7E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2D19TpKQJ4
    Parts 1 to 5. Pierce was a beast back then too.

Lakers 103-98 Celtics : Celtics lead 3-2

Bit of a scrapy game IMO,Lakers threw away a 19 point lead again!

Heads back to Boston now!

Great play by Kobe at the end. Kind of hoping this goes to a Game 7 now as I'll get to watch it if it does.

Pierce/Kobe for Finals MVP as well, can't see it going to anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I'm looking to watch Game #6 on NBA.com this evening - However, I can't get a tip-off time from anywhere on the site. Anyone any idea what time I should start watching at? I know it'll be some ungodly hour, but still :)

Advertisement