Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request phone with Sat Nav

• 17-04-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Looking to change my mobile to one with Sat Nav
    Will be moving from a vodafone contract to three network
    (iphone perhaps)

Any good deals out there

Has anyone any experience of sat nav on phones , is it as good as a regular sat nav. Lookin for one with maps of ireland and uk and if poss europe
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

k123456 wrote: »
    Looking to change my mobile to one with Sat Nav
    Will be moving from a vodafone contract to three network
    (iphone perhaps)

Any good deals out there

Has anyone any experience of sat nav on phones , is it as good as a regular sat nav. Lookin for one with maps of ireland and uk and if poss europe
    Thanks

me thinks you might be better off putting your request in the request section !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

iPhone doesn't have sat-nav (gps), it also won't work I believe on the 3 network.

The N95 is supposed to be a fantastic phone with GPS, it's available fairly cheap through vodafone now, but that would mean locking into a contract again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

gps on n95 rubbish

n82 is a good bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Cyrus wrote: »
    gps on n95 rubbish

n82 is a good bit better

is it possible to get the n82 sim-free? how much would it be do you reckon?

Mine was over 425 got it on the bay. Its actually on adverts at the moment, i want to try the new touch cruise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Cyrus wrote: »
    Mine was over 425 got it on the bay. Its actually on adverts at the moment, i want to try the new touch cruise!

when did ya get it? they're only around €365 now. looks like a very good phone alright but my N73's on the way and it's only half the price so we'll see how that is first.

got it 6 weeks ago, yeah they seem to have come down a little alright :o

to use sat nav on n73 you need a bluetooth gps receiver it does not have one built in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

You could try Windows Mobile devices, there are a few with inbuilt GPS now. I use the HTC Kaiser (TyTN II), also available is the HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Trinity, O2 Orbit and O2 Orbit 2.

Cheerio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

if you are willing to wait a month or two then Sony Ericsson will be releasing the w760i in the US and possibly Europe.

This will be SE's attempt at a Gaming phone. Have played with one of the Prototypes and its very nice.
    GPS is good and can use google maps etc.

The only problem is the lack of a flash light for the camera, but if GPS is what your after then this is a slim and stylish phone to consider.

will it have uiq?

if not, no decent sat nav software can be used on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement