Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berba on the move??

Options
  • 17-04-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Looks like he's gonna head elsewhere in the summer. News reports are suggesting contract talks have stalled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

markymac wrote: »
    Looks like he's gonna head elsewhere in the summer. News reports are suggesting contract talks have stalled.

I am actually at the point where I hope Berb leaves. Sick of the speculation. How can his poxy contract talks have failed (i'm not doubting they have by the way) when we only bought him last season 1 contract presumably for more than 1 year. Gave him a new contract last season for more than 1 year and yet here we are going in to our 3rd Berb season looking to offer him a 3rd contract. What a load of ****e.

I know this is the way football works now but am I alone in thinking what is the point in having a 4 or 5 year contract. This is a deeply flawed system and wrecking the game. Rant done. I feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you want to run with the big bo0ys, you have to pay the big boy wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

you want to run with the big bo0ys, you have to pay the big boy wages.

True but doesn't answer the question.

I agree, I just don't understand the point of "length of contract"

I would have you get x a week, x bonuses for wins appearances etc, and for 1,2,3,4 years or whatever the agreement. And that is it, if you were lucky and skillful enough to spot young talent, isn't that the whole point of scouting - that is why they call it scouting and not poaching!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have stopped reading the stories about berba as far as i am concerned what will be will be.No player is bigger than the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

For what it's worth, the following was posted by the Rabbi Crackers on FTL
    from a man that spoke to Ramos in person. "berbatov is going at the end of the season 100%" club have 3 overseas bids in for him and spurs want to deal with these 3 only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'm not going to lose any sleep about this. If he goes then fcuk the mercenary prcik. I'd rather have £30m in the bank than a sulking brat valued at £30m demoralising the team.

Sure, I'd prefer he went outside the EPL, however if he moves to one of the 'top four' EPL clubs then at we'll get top dollar.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I'm not going to lose any sleep about this. If he goes then fcuk the mercenary prcik. I'd rather have £30m in the bank than a sulking brat valued at £30m demoralising the team.

Sure, I'd prefer he went outside the EPL, however if he moves to one of the 'top four' EPL clubs then at we'll get top dollar.

I'd rather have the £30 million in the bank as well but the problem is twouldn't be in my bank. :D twould be in old Levy's bank.

As for demoralising the team? don't make me laugh do you honestly think they give a toss, any of them? They do in their holes! If any of them were as good as Berbatov they'd be off down the road in double quick time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yiddo wrote: »
    I'd rather have the £30 million in the bank as well but the problem is twouldn't be in my bank. :D twould be in old Levy's bank.

Gotta be in THFC's bank for us to spend it Pat.

By my reckoning we've spent around £70m (including Modric) since the end of last season, and brought in only £15m or so for Mido and Defoe. Fair to say if we sell Berbatov the money won't be resting in that account for long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

If Berbatov thinks we are not ambitious enough or not a team with potential, why did he come in the first place.

rocky25 wrote: »
    If Berbatov thinks we are not ambitious enough or not a team with potential, why did he come in the first place.
    Probably because like a lot of Spurs supporters did at the beginning of this season, he thoght we had potencial (then). He thoght Spurs would qualify for the CL this season - seems like a long time ago now I know, but remember all the hype around us finishing fourth this season!

So sorry, I don't think you can blame him for thinking the same thing really - he thought we were ambitious enough, and thought we had the potential to make it (then) - We Didn't, and by a long, long way!:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

that guy does'nt give a toss about us,and most of his team mates are the same.stop making excuses for him and his like.He sulked for months on end when it suited him,and guys like Jenas,Lennon and co did'nt bother for most of the time either.The only ambition that prat has shown is to get away from us.he does not respect you,me or any of the fans with the way he has conducted himself on and off the pitch,and i for one cant wait to see the back of him.

The only ambition that prat has shown is to get away from us.

Bang out of order IMO.

Out of today's squad, looks like we're trying to keep him injury-free.

the official line was a groin strain.maybe he tripped over his ego.i was at the Lane last week and he did'nt break sweat.compare his workrate to Tevez,Drogba,Rooney,and Torres all of these guys are REAL players who score goals at the highest level AND work hard for their team.Berbatov is a disgrace to the shirt.

the official line was a groin strain.maybe he tripped over his ego.i was at the Lane last week and he did'nt break sweat.compare his workrate to Tevez,Drogba,Rooney,and Torres all of these guys are REAL players who score goals at the highest level AND work hard for their team.Berbatov is a disgrace to the shirt.

Laughable. Iversen, Doherty Booth and their like were a disgrace to the shirt! Berbatov is a quality footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

yiddo wrote: »
    Berbatov is a quality footballer.

On the ball Pat - as usual.
    I'm going to say on May 4 he goes nowhere for another season.
    If no CL then he goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

"Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov is (has?) dropped yet more indications that he is leaving the club this summer.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all waiting to pounce for the Bulgarian frontman as his time at White Hart Lane draws to a close.

The People are reporting that the 27 year old has refused to pose for photos in the clubs new kit for next season and he has also failed to submit a list of accessories that he would require on match day for next term, indicating that he sees his future elsewhere."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hope to god he stays as he is different gravy. I will live with him being a cranky fcuk if it means his performances stay as good as they have been.

I dont think anyone will pick up as good a player again for 11 odd million.

nobody ever questioned his ability,his attitude is ****e.

and i for one cant wait to see the back of him.

And I suspect you will remain in the minority.

does'nt worry me,sure if we all had the same opinion life would be dull,cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Banker he's going , our most marketable asset missing from the kit launch last night , says it all really, he's off on his bike.

Gerrytack,

Your on your own there mate , Berb is a genius , pure quality.

BERBA wrote: »
    Banker he's going , our most marketable asset missing from the kit launch last night , says it all really, he's off on his bike.

Gerrytack,

Your on your own there mate , Berb is a genius , pure quality.

I agree, his absence was quite obvious! He's gone.

I would have to agree, one of the most talented and exciting players at Spurs for a long, long time...hard to see him go, hard to replace....

Like most stars, Ronaldo (both) Rhonaldino, Van Ness, Henry, Rooney, FabuARSE - these players tend to be a bit on the moody side, and you can see the sulks (from all of them) at times. However, that is I am afraid (in todays modern game) one of the things you have to deal with.

Their exceptional footballing skills "usually" make up for their lapse's in personal discipline/mood (Nani excluded). Berbs is one of these types and I would take his little moods all next year if he would stay with us.......but he won't - and he WILL be missed you mark my words!:eek:

sure if we all had the same opinion life would be dull

spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

He has been going since our sh1tty start to the season when we blew our chances of a champions league place.

Hope the deal gets done soon so we can move on without him..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He has been going since our sh1tty start to the season when we blew our chances of a champions league place.

Hope the deal gets done soon so we can move on without him..

Good point, I hope it does'nt drag on all summer and tru the Euro's etc...Id rather see him gone asap if he's going so we can move on and look at replacing him !!

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Good point, I hope it does'nt drag on all summer and tru the Euro's etc...Id rather see him gone asap if he's going so we can move on and look at replacing him !!

Agreed, I don't want him to go, but if he is, get it done quick so we can get someone in and start playing friendlies with new man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

ruiseal wrote: »

The People are reporting that the 27 year old has refused to pose for photos in the clubs new kit for next season and he has also failed to submit a list of accessories that he would require on match day for next term, indicating that he sees his future elsewhere."

Sorry to go off the thread point a bit but this reminds of when Nick Barmby modelled the new Pony kit about ten years ago or so and then left days after to join Boro,oh those were the bad old days i hated that pony kit.

Advertisement