Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Fishing Tuition

Options
  • 17-04-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I used to fish a long time ago and my dad was starting to teach me to fly fish when I discovered drink/girls etc and it all fell by the wayside.

I'm now looking to rekindle my enjoyment of fishing and was looking if there was anywhere I could get some good fly fishing tuition in the Dublin area. I'm living in Glasnevin so am looking forward to heading down the road to the Tolka river.

Would appreciate any advice on good locations along the Tolka and also anywhere to get some good tuition.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Don't suppose you'd venture out into the sticks?
    How about all the way to Navan (only an hour from Dublin)
    Try Peter O'Reilly - yes him of the wonderful books. He teaches fly fishing on the Boyne. Google him for his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

You could try Godfrey in Corkagh park fishery, A friend went there and was delighted somthing like €15 an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

Thanks for the info guys. I would be prepared to head out to Navan and try Peter O'Reilly. He looks to be a very experienced instructor. Thats something for the weekends definately. But Godfrey also sounds a good bet for some sunny weekday evenings.

thanks

Advertisement