Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. 83 in the iTunes Arts Category

Options
  • 17-04-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking through the podcast section on iTunes there and I see the boards.ie podcast is currently at 83 in the top 100 of the arts category.

That puts us ahead of RTÉ's Artszone.

Hillary Duff is currently number 1 for some reason... so we have a ways to go before we take her crown...

One thing that is odd is that iTunes isn't showing up any of the new podcasts... the most recent one I can see on there is the Pubcast which is dated in July 2006.

I think the feed to iTunes may need to be checked on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Might be higher if the file it linked to existed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... the feed address should be:

http://podcasts.boards.ie/podcast.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

number1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fame for boards podcasts. :)

Hillary Duff is currently number 1 for some reason...
    Never heard of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

haha thats completely nuts

• Advertisement

We seem to be number 65 overall... that's only 24 places behind a certain Today FM DJ...

I'm still only seeing the older podcast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

We seem to be number 65 overall... that's only 24 places behind a certain Today FM DJ...

Someone should let him know the minute the Boards podcast overtakes his tbh.

Have you changed the entry with iTunes? Because I think it takes them a while to verify it sometimes...

Ms. Duff has retaken the number one spot in the Arts category by the way...

We're way more artful that her!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Have the links been fixed on itunes or is there a new link? Hillary duff, there is no God!

• Advertisement

We now seem to be at 13, 71, 81 and 96 in Arts.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, thats quite impressive....

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

nervous much? :)

anyway, just to point out, next weekend is a bank holiday weekend, does that change things for anyone re: May the 4th (be with you)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just checking iTunes now, but there are no recent podcasts. Is there plans to upload them?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Just checking iTunes now, but there are no recent podcasts. Is there plans to upload them?

iTunes isn't pointing to the correct RSS feed. I haven't been able to change it, when I tried to submit the correct feed it told me it was already added.

You may need to remove and resubmit.

EDIT: Of course the next link down is good too :o

Yeah.. I didn't add the podcast to iTunes in the first place and also I don't have enough privileges on my account with the Podcast CMS to change things on that end either.

I'll drop a PM to Cloud and CuLT and see what we can get sorted.

Advertisement