Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 17-04-2008 6:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions:

1) Who's worth complaining to in Bank of Ireland about problems in my branch, and a particular person in that branch? I don't want to complain direct to the branch, or to a powerless droid in their "Customer Care Unit", I'd like to address someone in authority that won't file my complaint away after a few platitudes. I've had some success complaining direct to CEOs in the past, but I might be stretching my luck writing to the CEO of the group. However there has to be one decent person in the management structure worth talking to.

2) Does the FOI Act apply to banks? Are there exceptions?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

dahamsta wrote: »
    I've had some success complaining direct to CEOs in the past, but I might be stretching my luck writing to the CEO of the group.

Who rattled your cage?

I am hoping this is a serious issue and not a petty rant. If so all large institutions provide a quality and compliance department that are required to respond to any issue. These issues are raised to the relevant authorities. All letters are taken seriously. However Brian Goggins might be a little busy for a personal reply!

Going back to my first comment and this is only from your posting, are you a serial complainer. I am asking how perfect are you? Do you get off on harassing potentially less paid and trained staff? If you’re so vexed then move your account. Demonstration by this action has much more impact.

Get a mirror and take a long look before you do anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'd agree with the above. TBH your first port of call would be the customer service manager. There is a very distinct procedure for dealing with customer complaints. If your not haappy with the same then take your complaint to the financial ombudsman and take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement