Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did Rosanna's fella-ella really spend 100K on a 206?!

Options
  • 17-04-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭

I had a great laugh today on pg.11 of The Herald where they claim your man Wesley was "speeding in his sports car". :D

It's a snot green 206 and apparently cost him €100k - now I would really like to know what idiot in the Herald allowed this be printed or did the other muppet actually spend this money on a bloody Peugeot?

Have I been down a hole and missed out on some Kahn infested 206?

I don't have a link but it's there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe I'm missing out on a few "cultural references" here, but I haven't got a clue what you're on about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

100k... LOL!

borrowed from another forum :D

Imanidiot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Tabloids!

100k?? 120kph top speed.. that's true alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

So let me get this right. Some models boyfriend does 75Mph in a 206 and that, apparently, is news. Just displays what idiots those that read such papers are, and also what a rag this hearld is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

astraboy wrote: »
    So let me get this right. Some models boyfriend does 75Mph in a 206 and that, apparently, is news. Just displays what idiots those that read such papers are, and also what a rag this hearld is.

Too true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

it must be a slow news day or something.....

a whole 120kmph, it doesn't even say if that's above the speed limit... should of waited for the M50 and done it legally... as for his €100K car... ;) I guess if you want to travel at 120Kph you have to spend that sort of money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

120 KPH - Top speed of Quirke's sportscar
    rofl.gif

Probably safe to say the proofreader wasn't paying attention.

But
    rofl.gif
    all the same.

Also at "speeding in a €100,000 sports car"
    rofl.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Putting 100K into a 206 Hes Deffo Gay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Just read this bit:
    One scene showed a glove compartment being opened before a turbo fuel-injection button is activated.
    However, soon after, a "Danger to Manifold" light illuminated...

rofl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I seem to remember a story about a year ago claiming 2 brothers had imported 2 suped up 206's costing around 100k each. I'm pretty sure there was a discussion here about it. You could get a lot of car for 100k other than that snot on wheels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What a muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

wes and his brother both got their bog standard 206 gti's modified by ecosse(all body mods, nothing done to the engines). really cant understand why they both just didnt get a pair of M3's. wes sold it a while ago, he had an ad up on pistonheads and he seemed in a bit of a hurry to get rid of it. in the end it sold for less than £25k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

dam, a 100k is not far off getting an R8 (presuming you can actually get one)

slow news day

TheBazman wrote: »
    I seem to remember a story about a year ago claiming 2 brothers had imported 2 suped up 206's costing around 100k each. I'm pretty sure there was a discussion here about it. You could get a lot of car for 100k other than that snot on wheels

Yes Andy & Wes Quirke AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

120km/h? My Yaris can go faster than that. I'm selling it for half what that snot cost. €50,000 anyone? Anybody? Noone? I'll throw in a demister and keyfob :D

javaboy wrote: »
    120km/h? My Yaris can go faster than that. I'm selling it for half what that snot cost. €50,000 anyone? Anybody? Noone? I'll throw in a demister and keyfob :D

I Dunno whats worse a 100K 206 Or a man who Drives a Yaris :p;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This is classic stuff...
    Rather like that guy who had spend €80k on mods for his 1.6 Alfa 147 and wanted €60k for it when selling!
    Seem to remember photos of the shed on here.

In fairness Ecosse stuff(the kit etc on that 206) is top quality, but it is never worth 100K! I'd say the tabloid is doing what tabloids do best, exaggerate and talk out of their holes! 120kph? I go faster then that on the road to West Cork. Its not even illegal on the M50, clowns. And if I bought a 206 Gti with a top speed of 120KPH, I'd want my money back.

The Hearld.

Trash.

Of.

The.

Lowest.

Order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

IrishRover wrote: »
    rofl.gif

Probably safe to say the proofreader wasn't paying attention.

But
    rofl.gif
    all the same.

Also at "speeding in a €100,000 sports car"
    rofl.gif

I can't do much better than the above so I'll just quote it rofl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In fairness Ecosse stuff(the kit etc on that 206) is top quality, but it is never worth 100K! I'd say the tabloid is doing what tabloids do best, exaggerate and talk out of their holes! 120kph? I go faster then that on the road to West Cork. Its not even illegal on the M50, clowns. And if I bought a 206 Gti with a top speed of 120KPH, I'd want my money back.

The Hearld.

Trash.

Of.

The.

Lowest.

Order.

I remember it was discussed fairly extensively on here last year at some stage about the cost of the cars. Seem to remember someone on here claiming to know the guys and vouching for the ridiculous costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

What knob spends €100k on a Peugeot 206 of all cars? And how does this nonsense make it into the papers?

Society as we know it is decaying into nothing.

Max_Damage wrote: »
    What knob spends €100k on a Peugeot 206 of all cars? And how does this nonsense make it into the papers?

Society as we know it is decaying into nothing.

True. I like modified cars, I used to own one, but like a gambler throwing all his money away, you have to know where to stop! Good grief think of the cars you'd have for 100K! I spent a couple of grand on my Astra a few years back and if it was parked beside the 206 I'd bet most people would class them as scangermobiles in one go. Modifying is good, in moderation. Subtlety is key and never spend more on a set of wheels then the entire car is worth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The only time it is acceptable to spend that amount of money on a mundane car is if your going to modify the engine big time, like that guy in England done to a Vauxhall Victor, and it's one of the fastest accelerating cars in the world. It's on YouTube, if the damn site cared to load for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I hate that when guards say "you were speedin boy"
    reply: sorry SIR, i wasnt speeding, i was just going a little faster than i probably should have been and it wont happen again, all while giving him the two fingers below the window as he walks off to his car:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The offence occured on an "English road"!
    Still 100K on a 206GTi and it can only top 120km/h? Daft pleb!

However, he's doing smiley so maybe we're all jealous.
    ...thinks...
    Maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They originally bought a pair of 206GTi 180's and immediately sent them to Ecosse in Scotland for the bodywork you see and engine work.
    I couldn't tell you how much, nor could I tell you performance figures but I doubt it's anything close to Evening Herald quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I Dunno whats worse a 100K 206 Or a man who Drives a Yaris :p;):D

Ow my feelings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

javaboy wrote: »
    Ow my feelings :pac:

Some Tampax should take care of that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

-vb-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wes and Andy deffo spent 100k each on their cars. THe wheels were custom made and imported from america specifically for them and if I remember rightly the cost of that alone was mad. It was all in Modified Motors when their cars were the highlight of a few shows here one summer.

For more info you could pop onto www.manic-motorz.com and ask a few members on there about how much Wes spent on the car, he is a member on that site aswell so he might even give you a run down on costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement